Losing weight vs inches

Options
What is more important?

Out of curiosity, how many inches have you lost by losing 1kg (2pounds)?

:)

Replies

• amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd say inches... if you've ever seen the pics on here of body composition before/after training, you can be at the same weight or close to it and look remarkably different. Particularly if you're doing a lot of building of muscle mass you might not see the dramatic weight loss you'd like but your body changes.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    both are important to me.

my ankle and knee joints are going to register 200 pounds as 200 pounds regardless if it's 34% body fat or 20% body fat.

also there's no 1:1 correspondence with weight loss and inch loss. a few weeks ago i lost 1 pound but lost 6 inches total. weeks before that i could lose 2 pounds and no inches.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    both are important to me.

my ankle and knee joints are going to register 200 pounds as 200 pounds regardless if it's 34% body fat or 20% body fat.

also there's no 1:1 correspondence with weight loss and inch loss. a few weeks ago i lost 1 pound but lost 6 inches total. weeks before that i could lose 2 pounds and no inches.

but the muscles around your ankles and knees will be bigger and stronger at 20% and thus better able to support you. so its not a perfect comparison. (although, you know, unless you're quite tall its not very likely that you will be 200 lbs and 20% as a lady)

inches for me but you can only lose so many inches before the weight thing has to happen too.
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hum, thank you for your answers :D

It's weird now, I havent lost any weight for 2 weeks, but I've lost 2,5cm around the waist since then