LONDON MARATHON

Is anyone doing the London marathon this weekend?? This is my goal to achieve one day and I love watching it every year...just wondering if anyone on here is doing it and if so..GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    I'm not...but I have made it my ambition to do one after I saw an article on the BBC website about a 101 year old man who will be running on sunday.

I can hardly do week 3 of c25k, so i have a ways to go..but you have to aim high and have a goal,right? :-)
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    I did this on Sunday!
    Ran it in 4 hours 11 minutes and had the best day ever...the atmosphere was unbelieveable and it was such a great day.
    It was very hard for the last 4-5 miles but I ran every step of the way and hit my target time so I was (and still am) on a massive high. I felt terrible and amazing at the same time!!

The ballot for next year opens next week - I would definitely recommend for anyone who enjoys running to enter. I won't be joining you though!!! I've done it twice and I officially have retired now :-)
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    I did it too!

It took me 4 hours and 42 minutes which I'm disappointed with but considering something went twang in my left knee between mile 16 and 17 I'll accept it. The atmosphere was amazing, at times overwhelming.

I've written more about the day here http://beccaspspmarathon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/rollercoasters-come-to-stop.html

Anyone considering doing it, take the risk. I highly doubt you'll regret it!