high protein snacks?

Options
kiku76
kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
What are some good high protein snacks if I can't eat eggs or nuts? I can have dairy but limited amounts.

Replies

• stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    greek yogurt
  • kiku76
    Options
    isn't that considered dairy? My son is still nursing and he's allergic to eggs, peanuts and dairy unfortunately.
  • lowbdgtwgn
    Options
    Beef Jerky, Zone or other snack bars (@10g protein), protein shake mix.
  • stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    oh yeah i guess so sorry
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Try Aussie Bodies HPLC bars- 45g of protein in one bar!!!!!
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know that's tricky - greek yogurt is so yummy. Some protein shakes aren't safe for dairy allergy but I know there are ones made from soy protein and that should be fine for you if you want something that's quick. Certain forms of protein are more absorbed than others so if it's a true concern that you're not getting enough protein you might want to work with a nutritionist. I eat a lot of nuts, which have a fair amount of protein though I don't think they're as readily absorbed as sources like egg and whey. I could be wrong though, I'm no expert. I don't know if you have the clearance to do other nuts with the peanut allergy issue or not.

If you can cook up chicken breast on the weekend and have it ready to go that is a quick source of protein if you don't mind having that for a snack. Beans also have protein... I love mixing black beans with some crunchy veggies and lightly dressing them for a savory snack.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the ones i eat are mainly tuna, protein shakes, and chicken breast for snacks thru the day... along with eggs but u said u dont eat those
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Edamame, roasted chick peas, sunflower butter with apples, luna bars, smoothie with hemp protein.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,991 Member
    Options
    Jerky
  • princessruthie
    princessruthie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do they sell Aussie bodies bars in the us?
  • kiku76
    Options
    some great ideas. you guys are awesome!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, etc.), seed butters, or coconut may be safe
    Add flax, chia, or hemp to smoothies
    Tofu, so many varieties
    Beans
    Peas
    Lentils
    Quinoa

As far as snacky foods - Making any of these things in large amounts and break them down into smaller containers for quick-grabs. Various kinds of beans can be spiced and roasted, usually chickpeas or soy beans are used in recipes, but you can switch them up. Or they can be made into dips for veggies, crackers, or flat breads. I make a lot of chili, curry, soup, etc.

Foods that you can get in pop-top cans - beans, chili, pasta, tuna.

Jerky

What else do you like to eat?
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Grill up a pack of chicken breast and put them in the fridge. I'll either eat those or just open a can of tuna and eat it right from the can without adding anything. If I'm in a hurry I'll just do a shake.