Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyHappy120
    Options
    i too am large framed... D:
  • cheremince
    Options
    I'm not large framed by the finger tests but apparently i have dense bones? -_- or maybe i just have a lot of lean muscle mass. I am 5'6'' 144lbs my measurements are 33.5-25.5-36.5 i wear a size 4/6

oh and bmi is a load of bologna. it doesn't take account into the muscle your body has. i know so many fit and good looking people that are overweight by bmi standards. Also it seems that people with african ancestry tend to fall into this category i'm explaining. The ones that look tiny but weigh so much more.
  • rhinojoe
    rhinojoe Posts: 21
    Options
    That's a good one! I'm gonna start using that. Nice "ferret cage!"
  • elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    gosh... im quite big, and most of my goals are bmi related

:(
  • joanneonline
    Options
    If you feel good and healthy, I wouldn't worry.

Funny, but MFP shows a "healthy" weight range for a person weighing 147 who is 5' 4.3" tall is 108.8 - 147.0 lbs. Just stand up straight and your "healthy" ;)
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The index finger test is this:

Wrap your thumb and index finder around your wrist.

If your fingers overlap (like mine) you have a small frame

If they touch - medium frame

If they don't touch - large frame

Or you could just chalk it up to skinny wrists or chubby wrists. It's all so relative, so take it with a grain of salt! :bigsmile:
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    You really do not want me to get going on the difference of what is considered a societal norm and what is the true societal norm. People come in different sizes so why tag me with if you are a certain height you will be a certain weight.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    For all the people trying to determine body frame size:

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    So does that mean my wrists will never get smaller? That's depressing...I was looking forward to being able to wear normal watches and bracelets :cry:
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have 7 inch wrists and am only 5'3 if I went by the dang BMI charts I would need to loose another 40 plus pounds to be out of overweight and into healthy range.... just makes me angry!!
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    BMI is BS lol. According to my ideal healthy bmi I should weigh about 140lbs.......

If I weighed that much I would be ALL BONES.

I have a larger frame, as do all the women on both sides of my family so there is no way in hell I would want to weigh that much. I would look very sickly.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've got about an inch space in the index finger test... AND I HAVE LONG FINGERS!! lol I know that I'm very large boned, I wear a size 12 shoe, I'm only 5'7". My lean muscle mass is about 132lbs.. BMI suggests I should be something like 140. It's absurd for me. I've created my own goals based on MY OWN BODY and reaching a healthy body fat percentage. About 197 would give me 32% body fat which is on the high range of healthy. When I get there I can reevaluate my goals.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, large frames, gotta love em!
    I have a large frame, 5' 3.5, 136 pounds.

I don't even have to breath in and you can see my ribcage.

I pretty much ignore mfp and use it as a guideline.

If I feel good, and look good for myself, I really don't care what weight I am..
    As long as I'm happy :)