Avacado

Options

Replies

• TanyaCurtis
    TanyaCurtis Posts: 630
    Options
    I just ate 1/4 of one :) I slice it up thinly and put it on top of my pita pizza I make! I'm addicted.... Sooooo good!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I sometimes scoop it out with wheat thins.
    YAY! Instant avocado on cracker.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    avocados are amazing! i make grilled chicken with a little lemon and then put sliced avocado on top :) omnomnom

Yes! with a little light mayo - some pepper in warm pita.
  • wendiv130
    wendiv130 Posts: 26
    Options
    I just bought my first avocado today not quite knowing what to do with it! Thanks for posting this.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love avocados!!!! Guacamole made with 1 Tbsp light mayo, 1 TBSP light sour cream or Greek yogurt; a little onion & garlic

powder, onion & garlic salt, cumin, chili powder, & a squeeze of lime juice. Cut in half, scoop out flesh, mash, mix! Great with

Whole Foods Way Better Tortilla snacks like Black Bean or with Stacy's (about 130 calories) Naked-Sea Salt only pita chips for a

delicious snack or light lunch!
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try one on Friday. On a salad do/ can I slice it? Or use it as a dressing additive?
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like it best with salt.

I made this the other day: http://penniesonaplatter.com/2012/03/19/avocado-chocolate-pudding/

I personally didn't like it as it was sweet and I'm just so used to avocados being salty. I don't like them sweet.
  • Queenbee412
    Options
    I make an avacado pasta that knocks my socks off :)

Scoop out the insides of two avacados
    place in a blender/food processor
    add a couple tea or tablespoons of olive oil (to your taste)
    Juice from 1/2 a lemon
    a couple cloves of garlic
    blend until most of the chunks are gone.

Gently toss with hot angel hair pasta. Garnish with a bit of lemon zest. Enjoy!

Does not reheat well. A yummy alternative to fatty alfredo sauce.
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options

Juice from 1/2 a lemon

This sounds AMAZING. Bump!
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    Avacado and mango salad!!YUMMY...add red onions and lemon juice,chopped fresh parsley!!:)
  • _trickpie
    _trickpie Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm going to try one on Friday. On a salad do/ can I slice it? Or use it as a dressing additive?
    Slice it or cube it for a salad! :)
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    avocado on toast with a fried egg on top!
    avocado and cheese and crackers
    avocado and goat cheese on toast
    guacamole!!!!
    cut into slices with salt and pepper
    used like mayo in a turkey sandwich

My mother's friend made this delicious salad of red quinoa, walnuts, dried cranberries and avocado served over lettuce. Apparently it was a Dr. Oz recipe but I haven't been able to find it to see if I'm missing any ingredients. I ate it with Brianna's poppy seed dressing and it was awesome.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    avocados are amazing! i make grilled chicken with a little lemon and then put sliced avocado on top :) omnomnom

Did this last night. Hubby put bacon wrapped chicken on the grill and I covered mine in avocado slices. Tasted great!! I like to put them on sandwiches and in salads and in anything mexican. :-)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sliced avocado is great in sandwiches, or you could make a little "taco salad" with black beans, corn, romaine, lowfat "taco mix" cheese, tomatoes, diced avocado and lime, or it's great in sushi, on a burger...oh avocado...so tasty!
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I cube the avocado, mix with salsa and serve on top of a chicken breast.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    mix together; 1-2 avocado diced, 2 roma tomatoes diced, some cilantro diced, 1/2 red onion diced, 1 cucumber diced, add shrimp; add lemon juice and salt .. mix together .. put in fridge for maybe 30min- 1 hour to marinate --- serve cold and eat with tostados/tortilla chipos-- top with hot sauce

yum
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Guacamole is an amaaaaaazing snack! With some pita chips it is healthy and amazing! You just add lemon juice, orange juice ( squeezed... not store bought) pepper, salt and other seasonings you like and boom! You have the best snack in the world!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Here's some recent links on how to use Avocados I found in the search section:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/561472-avocados-recipes-ideas-tips-please?hl=avocado#posts-8036064
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/462718-in-need-of-avocado-ideas-recipes?hl=Avocados&page=2#posts-7987772

There's a ton more if do a search and here's a recipe down below I found on one of the threads.:flowerforyou:
    http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options

Juice from 1/2 a lemon

yum - like an avocado pesto