What is wrong with me? (a rant to myself)

Options
2»

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Stop reading this and jog for 10 minutes!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Laura, I know how you feel hon. I have been there before too. You have to stop your stinkin thinkin and get back on track. It's so easy to slip in to old habbits. Don't let yourself fall in to that trap. You have lost 44 pounds ! That is a great acomplishment ! Be kind to yourself and get back on track asap. I know you can do it!!! Hugs- Cindy :heart:

thanks, that is exactly what I needed. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Stop reading this and jog for 10 minutes!

too late, I am going to bed for the night but back to it first thing in the morning. :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just read your profile. I think you will find your motivation there again if you re-read it too. Count your blessings, look at the positive, ask the Lord for His strength to help you. You have everything you need on your side! You CAN do this! As soon as you say 'no' to the first temptation tomorrow....you will start to get your motivation back! Say a prayer and get on with it!

You are amazing, made in His image! Don't forget that!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I just read your profile. I think you will find your motivation there again if you re-read it too. Count your blessings, look at the positive, ask the Lord for His strength to help you. You have everything you need on your side! You CAN do this! As soon as you say 'no' to the first temptation tomorrow....you will start to get your motivation back! Say a prayer and get on with it!

You are amazing, made in His image! Don't forget that!

thanks so much for the very kind and enouraging words. I am on it today so far and I plan today to do what I need to do to get this done. :flowerforyou:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have been doing terrible with my lifestyle change: I cheated on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and today. What in the world is wrong with me???? I have come too far and achieved too much while doing this. Why can't I get it together? I don't want to gain ALL the weight I have lost and then some. I have worked too hard to get to where I am.I have not exercised in almost 3 weeks. I have been such a Lazy slacker. I have gained 2 pounds back, now I have only lost 44 pounds, NO Laura, get it together, get your lazy slacker butt in gear.I have been stress eating b/c of the whole wreck situation. Has anyone else been thru this? If so, how did you get back to what you were doing before?

OMG this is exactly what's been going on with me. I keep thinking why am I doing this to myself again.. I've been so depressed and not able to get back into my funk.. Today I had my husband take my checkbook and my debit card and all credit cards so I have to take my lunch. I have access now to cash.. I so want to get back on track.. He will be leaving for 8 weeks in a month and I want to lose 10 lbs while he is gone... There is so much support here, but I am just having a hard time using it, logging food choices (which have been terrible)... I only exercised twice last week and I am going to go walk here in a few mins.. I will do this.. I will do this....
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I find that this happens to me when I'm really restricting myself or overdoing it. Allow yourself meals out once a week, or a cookie in the office, or try a bit of a friend's baking, just do this in moderation from time to time so you don't feel completely deprived & binge all at once. I know that lately for me i've been a total gym rat burning 1,000 calories everyday & now this week I'm just not feeling like going! Eek! I know that for me personally, when I overdo it like this it really sabotages my whole routine.

Take your time & just focus on eating/being healthy rather than that scale. When you take your time & learn to truly adapt to this new lifestyle you are guaranteed better success!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I have been doing terrible with my lifestyle change: I cheated on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and today. What in the world is wrong with me???? I have come too far and achieved too much while doing this. Why can't I get it together? I don't want to gain ALL the weight I have lost and then some. I have worked too hard to get to where I am.I have not exercised in almost 3 weeks. I have been such a Lazy slacker. I have gained 2 pounds back, now I have only lost 44 pounds, NO Laura, get it together, get your lazy slacker butt in gear.I have been stress eating b/c of the whole wreck situation. Has anyone else been thru this? If so, how did you get back to what you were doing before?

OMG this is exactly what's been going on with me. I keep thinking why am I doing this to myself again.. I've been so depressed and not able to get back into my funk.. Today I had my husband take my checkbook and my debit card and all credit cards so I have to take my lunch. I have access now to cash.. I so want to get back on track.. He will be leaving for 8 weeks in a month and I want to lose 10 lbs while he is gone... There is so much support here, but I am just having a hard time using it, logging food choices (which have been terrible)... I only exercised twice last week and I am going to go walk here in a few mins.. I will do this.. I will do this....

we can do this together. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I find that this happens to me when I'm really restricting myself or overdoing it. Allow yourself meals out once a week, or a cookie in the office, or try a bit of a friend's baking, just do this in moderation from time to time so you don't feel completely deprived & binge all at once. I know that lately for me i've been a total gym rat burning 1,000 calories everyday & now this week I'm just not feeling like going! Eek! I know that for me personally, when I overdo it like this it really sabotages my whole routine.

Take your time & just focus on eating/being healthy rather than that scale. When you take your time & learn to truly adapt to this new lifestyle you are guaranteed better success!
    [/quote

thanks so much for the very wise advice. I really appreciate it so much. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    just wanted to let everyone know that I have been really good today as far as food goes and I even got on my bike and done 30 minutes. I know that is only 30 minutes but it is better than sit and do nothing, I am going to do more tomorrow. thanks everyone for all the kind words and encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    WONDEFUL!!! Don't you let the enemy steal your joy and get you down! WAY TO GO!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Laura - you can do it - you've been doing it - if you've messed up - move on!
    Today is a new day!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    WONDEFUL!!! Don't you let the enemy steal your joy and get you down! WAY TO GO!!!

thanks and I have having a wonderful day. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Laura - you can do it - you've been doing it - if you've messed up - move on!
    Today is a new day!

I am doing it, I am not going to let what happened yesterday or whenever hender me. :flowerforyou:
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have accomplished so much!!! I was there myself this past weekend- totally binging, but forgive and forget! Try not to dwell on the mistakes and focus on the positive. You can do it- one meal at a time (like others said):flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i cheated so much the past few days too. don't be hard on yourself. you just have to keep going at it, and that will be a reward and make you feel better.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    You have accomplished so much!!! I was there myself this past weekend- totally binging, but forgive and forget! Try not to dwell on the mistakes and focus on the positive. You can do it- one meal at a time (like others said):flowerforyou:

thanks, yes one meal at a time :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    i cheated so much the past few days too. don't be hard on yourself. you just have to keep going at it, and that will be a reward and make you feel better.