Late night snacking

Options
lmk5
lmk5 Posts: 12 Member
I did MFP about a year ago for a short time and am now back and hope to stick with it. I eat pretty well all day and then cave at night. How does everyone stay away from the fridge at night?

Replies

• shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    sometimes i dont :( so i try to go for an apple or a banana!
  • AddictedtoTattoos
    Options
    I go to bed pretty early, but if I fo get a snack, I make sure it's a light one. I don't sleep well when I eat something heavy before bed, and I feel like that since I'm not working that heavy food off, my body is just absorbing all of it.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Almost 99% of the time I don't snack after I eat dinner because I eat dinner late. Right now, we have NY pizza & bagels, potato salad, and macaroni salad in our fridge. Well, bagels are in the freezer. I have stacked up on apples, grapes, bananas, baby carrots. I personally don't have a problem turning that stuff down RIGHT NOW. I keep telling my dad to hurry up and eat that damn pizza so I don't have to look at it anymore though! haha. I've got major will power right now and proud of it.

Although, if you aren't into the veggies/fruit ....then I've liked the following:

Special K Cracker Chips...Only 110 calories for 27 chips
    Light Lays Potato Chips.. Only 75 calories per serving which is about 20 chips. No fat. I usually double it though.
    Greek yogurt w/ blueberries and granola....110 calories. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but if you want to know let me know and I could look.
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've heard that taking fish oil capsules help with craving. I was a night time snacker and the fish oil did seem to help me.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I just plan my day knowing I will snack at night.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Popsicle are only 45 calories each. It helps with food satisfactions.
  • 4eddy
    4eddy Posts: 1
    Options
    A full glass of water may help:drinker:
  • Raiyne_Storm
    Options
    I am an PERPETUAL late night snacker. It really is my cryptonite, but I usually do something small like a yogurt or a small bowl of chips.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My husband works for a well known candy distributor and my house looks like Willy Wonka's. I am a late night snacker and I've gained Soooo much weight this year. Yikes! moving in the right direction now. Kroger fruit Sharks have helped.