I'm New Again...

Options
Hi, second time at MFP as I stopped tracking my food a while ago - although I haven't put anymore weight on I still haven't achieved what I waned to the first time! Back on track again :)

I do have one question... When you search for certain things it comes up with mulitple choices (vodka, soda and lime) went from 25 cal to 200? which do you select?

Replies

• gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    I WOULD GO WITH WHAT I THINK IS CLOSER . SURELY YOU HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT CALORIES MAY BE
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for the one slightly higher then what I think it might be just to make sure I don't underestimate horribly...
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I am in the same boat - I stopped tracking for a while and sort of went stagnant on my progress. Hoping to jump back into it!

I usually go with what I think is closer but if I'm not sure (usually the difference isn't quite so drastic) I tend to pick the higher one just to be safe! I'd rather eat less than what i think i'm eating than more!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Hi there!! If something I'm trying to log has multiple entries (especially recipes or combined items) I look at the back of one or two things to get a general idea of how many calories it would have and pick whatever entry is closest to that
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll double check them against livestrong or calorie count or google it...if it's a restaurant they sometimes have the nutrition facts on their websites. It's worth it to me to double check. Also, I'm new again too as of a few weeks ago. Welcome back!
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Double check you have the correct amount— ie maybe an ounce is 25 calories, but a cup is 200. Worse comes to worse, it always better to over estimate than under. I'll add you so you can have someone encouraging you!
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

Accepted your friend request - thanks soooo much!!