Girls: Bras

Options
2»

Replies

• xlolitabandita
    Options
    Forever 21 sells my favorite padded sports bra(I'm always parenoid of my nipples poking out or something lol). Otherwise I go to walmart or target. Victoria's Secret also some really nice ones if you want to put the money into them.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/juniors-guys/view-all-juniors/fair-square-prices/best-prices/bras-panties-/lily-of-france%c2%ae-bra%2c-underwire-support/prod.jump?ppId=161a331&selectedLotId=1269489&selectedSKUId=12694890232&navState=navState-:catId-:subcatId-:subcatZone-false:N-:Ns-:Nao-0:ps-24:pn-1:Ntt-underwire:Nf-:action-search&catId=SearchResults

I love this bra. I actually wear it all the time now. Boyfriend prefers the girly bras, but this is so supportive and comfortable! And durable! I wear a cheaper non-underwire over it for running because otherwise I still get enough bounce to cause chafing.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I bought my favorite sports bra from Forever 21. Most of their sports bras are half the cost of those I find at department stores and there are a lot of varieties. :flowerforyou:
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My opinion: I would recommend that no matter your size go to a specialty store and get fitted. Try on a few to see what a bra should really fit like. Once you have that information shopping will be much easier. There is nothing more comfortable than proper fitting undergarments, other than going bare . . . but that's another topic . . .
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    get fitted....
    and dont put your bra's in the washing machine
    if you want them to last wash by hand or get
    one if those garment bags that protect your bra in the machine
  • lissymae11
    Options
    I got some nice ones at TJMaxx for pretty cheap :)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    My favorite is a workout shirt with a built-in push up bra from VS. It does wonderful things for my girls! I love it!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I would totally invest in a sports bra. I was hesitant about it at first, but if you invest in a good quality bra it will last you such a long time. I can't imagine working out without one. I have an adidas sports bra and it is the BEST. Easy to hand wash and durable. I myself had no idea what my correct bra size was until I went into an actual store and got fitted. That definitely made shopping a LOT easier.
    Good luck!
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I have really big boobs and I have some that are from sports stores that are very good and very supportive. But sometimes I wear a regular bra and a cheaper sports bra. That imo gives me the best support.
  • claricecollins
    Options
    Target has really good sports bra tops so you have your tank top and sports bra all in one, which I find way more comfortable and stable :)
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to fit sports bras. I recommend going to a bra store to get fitted, and try on multiple brands and styles. If you're a smaller cup size you have more leeway about being to buy less expensive sports bras. If you're bigger, it's even more important to get a bra that fits very well to protect your chest tendons, etc. Note too that your activities also alter what sort of sports bras you need. For example, your needs for yoga versus running are very different.

If you're very endowed or difficult to fit for whatever reason, Enell (as mentioned by another poster) is awesome. They even custom make bras for especially tricky sizes. Their sizing is a little interesting and so it's important to try one on before buying. They fit a bit like a corset, but they hold everything still. It's not as "pretty" as some sports bras, but in this case, function trumps appearance.

I really like Shock Absorber, and their website has a great graphic of what unsupported breasts look like when running (http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html). Their Women's Run Sports Bra is great. It's interesting to get into the first time but it's comfortable and adjustable. I like being able to adjust the straps especially.

I wear a lot of Moving Comfort Bras (I love the Fiona). They have a bra with underwire (the Maia) that some larger chested women like. It separates (no uniboob). They have some great bras for smaller and larger cup sizes. If you're an A or B and need a high impact bra check out the Vero--I heard tons of positive feedback about it. Moving Comfort bras tend to have adjustable straps which is great.

Another note: it can be good to get a sports bra that unhooks in the back because it will have a longer life, as you can tighten it down as it gets worn out. Some sports bras (like Moving Comfort's Juno) mixes a pullover style with being able to clasp the back of the bra.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fleet Feet does bra fittings as well as shoe fittings.I have had multiple fittings over the years as my weight has fluctuated. Fleet Feets fitting was the most accurate I have ever had.(The first bra worked) .I bought the Moving Comfort Bra.Not cheap but the straps are velcro,so you can adjust easily, as you loose more weight. I jog in mine,the straps stay tight and I am very supported.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ugh, dude, I could use some tips too. I ran next to the gym mirror today and there was too much movement, and I wear 2 sports bras. WTF? How many do I have to wear? Seven?

Also, any ladies wanna commiserate with me on the fact that although I've lost 15 lbs since October (several before joining MFP) the only clothing items that are too big are.. you guessed it, my bras. Boo.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Getting a proper bra fitting is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Seriously. Lots of women are wearing the wrong size. I know I was!
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    quote: Ugh, dude, I could use some tips too. I ran next to the gym mirror today and there was too much movement, and I wear 2 sports bras. WTF? How many do I have to wear? Seven?

You only need one sports bra if it fits properly. Seriously.