Tofu Recipes

Options
staclo
staclo Posts: 511 Member
I'm just starting to use tofu and I need some good recipes that are not too hard and the ingredients are fairly common. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• LittleGoatie
    LittleGoatie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like just a basic tofu scramble. Sautee any veggies you might like with your favorite seasonings. Tofu absorbs flavor pretty well, so no need to over-season. I like mushrooms, onions, zuccini, peppers, etc. " Flavor with soy sauce, basil, garlic, hot sauce, etc to taste. Some tofu basics: before cooking with tofu drain water and leave tofu out with a plate and something heavy on it, to gently squeeze out excess water. For a scramble I just squish the tofu with my hands over my sauteed veggies, stir in, and warm up. It's pretty tasty.
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    As a vegetarian I tend to use Tofu quite a bit (not as often anymore). But this is one of my faves...

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=8769.0 (General Tso's Tofu)

As long as you press it before cooking, you can soak it in pretty much anykind of marinade and grill, bake, broil or pan fry it.

Very Versatile! I hope this helps....

-LaToya
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I soak in soy sauce, cover in bread crumbs (or mashed crackers and crushed peanuts) and bake on like 400 until it's brown and a little more firm. It's pretty tasty. I also add it in to stir fry- just rice, carrots, peas and mushrooms and it's good that way.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't know that you needed to drain/press the tofu first, so that's good to know. Keep the ideas flowing!! :happy: