milestone...feels great

Options
Just a note that I'm so happy that I found this app- such a great resource! I did my weigh-in this morning and have now hit my goal- 30 pounds :-> I happen to have a doctor appointment thing morning and he was amazed at the difference since I saw him last time. I discussed with him about the BMI and Ideal Weight topic. I mentioned that I felt good about my new weight, but the federal recommendation says that I should be about 3-4 pounds lighter than I just reached. He encouraged me to consider extending my goal to shed those last few pounds, so I'm going to stay the course that I've used so far, and give it a few more weeks to reach the revised goal. I've then got the figure out what the best way to maintain...a suppose it'll be an experiment of allowing small increases in calories and checking to see how it affects me week-to-week. I plan to stay the course with my exercise plan, so that shouldn't change any factor. I can recall that just a few months ago, I struggled like hell to just do 3-4 push-ups at a time...it feels great to be able to bust out a set now :-> On the treadmill, I started with just 15-20 minutes with little, if any incline...now I can do an hour at a steep incline...it's crazy how the body can adapt so efficiently to change. If only our minds could adapt to change so well. I'm looking forward to seeing myself get stronger and stronger...anyways, thanks for 'listening'. I celebrated by going to a zen spa and had a killer massage....yes, so good! Cheers

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    So glad you've reached your goals and are pushing through to get to the desired BMI! You can do this! I'm struggling with maintaining too. I'm very close to my goal and it's so hard to mentally allow myself to eat more calories in order to maintain. I'm sure we will both figure it out though :) Great story! Thanks for sharing!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I love reading detailed posts. I bet your lab reports looked better also. Congrats and applause for all your hard work.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    great job man! Nice to see a guy on here care about getting healthy. Its a daily battle. we all have to eat. welcome to my world!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!