Losing Weight To Gain So Much More!

Options
Hi Everyone! My name is Tanya. I started dieting in January of 2011 and successfully lost 30 pounds last year. However I stopped losing weight for about 5 months now and am trying to get back on track. My starting weight was 258 pounds, and seeing as I am only 5'7 it really showed. My current weight is 227.4 pounds and my goal weight is 175. In total I want to lose around 83 pounds, I have 53 more to go!

I am 26 years old, happily married to a wonderful man I am in love with and we have a 13 year old son together. Now before you start thinking "wow they had him at a young age", I will let you know that he is not our biological son. We adopted him, and he has been in our care since he was 11. He is really smart and loves soccer. He is one of my reasons besides my personal health that I want to lose weight. I want to be able to be active with him without wheezing and slowing him down. I am very lucky to be a mother at 26 years of age and I want to be able to run around with him as a healthy, fit mother who can keep up no problem.

One of my other reasons to lose weight is of course, mainly, myself. I want to recognize myself in the mirror, I do not currently recognize the person looking back at me. I want to look healthy, be healthy, feel good, and look good. I want my husband to know that this weight isnt who I am (note: my husband never brings up my weight, he loves me no matter what), who I am is much more beautiful. So in other words I want to match whats inside with what I see on the outside. I want to exercise more to help with my anxiety. I have high anxiety and I manage but I want to do better than just manage. Exercise might be able to help decrease this issue. I also have PCOS, so losing weight is a bit of challange but I need to do it to lower my risks for cancers as PCOS puts you at a higher risk but losing weight can help lower it.

I hope to lose this remaining weight by April 2013. One year from now I will look in the mirror and know the person looking back. Thanks for reading and if you are on a similar path, or just liked what you read, friend me and online we can help support each other! Positive people are always welcome in my world! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are in a really good place right now which makes all the difference in losing weight and getting fit. I would love to be your mfp buddy!
  • lisamurray247
    Options
    Well done you can do it :) i lost 40 kilos in a year and half after having my daughter:) one thing is try not look at the healthy eating as dieting but rather and change of you life, my husband has just lost 10 kilo and is trying to lose the other ten kilo he needs to to not have back surgery, we eat very healthy and we actully love it now :) best of luck you can do it just amagine how good you will feel in a years time :):happy:
  • kbogart1996
    kbogart1996 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and I wish you a wonderful journey. Stay happy and get healthy.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track....just make little changes. You have done a wonderful job so far!

Congrats!
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'm so glad to see so many people making positive changes in their lives.