Hi!! New to this :))

Options
I am new to this whole "living healthy" thing. I have always been able to eat what I wanted and never had problems. Until I hit 30!! I am doing a program the Army offers called "A Way to Live" solely because I wanted to be in the best health I could by the time I leave for basic at the end of July. To reduce my risk of injuries. I am wearing this device called a Pedometer, it tracks how many steps I take in a day. I never realized how lazy I have gotten until I put it on. I recommend this item to anyone... for my height and weight I should be taking at least 12,000-14,000 steps a day!! I put it on and forgot about it for the day not checking it or anything (per my instructions) to see what my NORMAL daily function was. I only took 8,000 steps that day... :( Now that I watch it and know what my numbers should be, I tend to make sure I at least reach My minimum. Thus loosing an average of 2lbs a week just walking and watching my diet. I only have 10lbs to loose to be at my ideal weight so this shouldn't take very long. I am hoping to learn to eat healthier, and have a healthier lifestyle because of the program. I want to maintain my weight in a natural way without all the "miracle" diets out there. Speaking with a Dietician has taught me a lot about where my downfalls are. I recommend using the services the military gives you if you have them available. It has really changed how I look at foods when I shop now. If you don't have those services available to you, usually you can speak with a cert. trainer at a gym and they can help you. I hope everyone reaches their goals! We are all in this together!!

Erica