one person CBF cooking meal ideas

Options
fragilegift
fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
I know I cant be the only one who has days/weeks where there is just NO inspiration for cooking the main meal of your day (whether its midday or evening).

What are some of your standbys for times like this? (especially when ordering pizza sounds like the best idea you've heard all day)

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I always have this problem... I usually make a wrap or something. CBF dinner tonight is noodle omlette.
    bump.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Chicken, there is so much and so many ways that chicken can be done. I will usually throw some mashed potatoes or a can of vegetables and a salad in to round it off.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    breakfast cereal - wins on laziness
    or
    boiled eggs - light and low effort
    or
    toast - low effort more choices of toppings
    or
    tinned soup - some people think this is cooking though.......
  • fragilegift
    Options
    breakfast cereal - wins on laziness
    or
    boiled eggs - light and low effort
    or
    toast - low effort more choices of toppings
    or
    tinned soup - some people think this is cooking though.......

I can do the first three, but tinned soup gives me indigestion.

Toast sounds good for tonight :)
  • sunray11julie
    sunray11julie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my freezer and food saver is my best friend!! i will make extra portions of a healthy meal and freeze individual servings. like i have several premade up seasoned turkey burgers, and some chicken marsala in freezer now. Tonight is taco night at my house... ill make tacos for kids and hubby, but ill pull out a chicken marsala for me, just warm add some veggies and voila! also great on.. the o crap whats for dinner, pizza again kids... they eat the pizza you got yours ready.... good things to make in big batches to freeze are soups, and chili..
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. You said pizza and my brain's response was "mmmmmm pizza."
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    But seriously, I whip up an omlet. I always keep chopped onions and peppers in the freezer for just in case. Add a bit of cheese (sometimes a diced sausage) and voila!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Pizza...Better then a lot of take out crap.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my freezer and food saver is my best friend!! i will make extra portions of a healthy meal and freeze individual servings.

Exactly this. We actually had to buy a second freezer - so many things you can make in bulk that are suitable for freezing. I have an entire drawer containing nothing but quorn lasagnas at the moment!
  • fragilegift
    Options
    my freezer and food saver is my best friend!! i will make extra portions of a healthy meal and freeze individual servings. like i have several premade up seasoned turkey burgers, and some chicken marsala in freezer now.

I have a 500 L freezer, and do just this. I can think of red lentil dahl, coconut ginger chicken and minestrone in mine off the top of my head. problem is, they are the leftover leftovers and I'm kind of sick of having them but they are there for next time. ;)