colon cleanse???

LadyZen
LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Have any of you ever tried any colon cleanse products? I'm looking at one called "Colonix" as a way to clean my insides out a bit...not expecting a big weight loss with it. I just want to feel cleaner and do the best for my body, you know? Just let me know if you have had any experiences with these, good or bad. Thanks in advance!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• glancees
    glancees Posts: 13
    My sister-in-law recommended it to me, so I used it for 3 months. It was very gentle, but effective. I felt like it was a good thing to do. I used all the pills but had about 2/3 of a can of the powder drink left over at the end of the 3 months, so I use it every couple of months now (for about a week at a time) when I'm feeling "stopped up" or if I need more fiber. It doesn't taste really great, but it's not any worse than the brands you buy at the pharmacy or grocery store. More expensive, yes, but I liked that it had all the herbs and high-quality fiber. Like you said, I didn't experience any huge weight loss with it, but I did feel "cleaner". And it forced me to get into the habit of drinking a lot of water. If I didn't, I was in serious pain.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    eat only fruits and veggies for 2 days. it does the SAME thing. :laugh:
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    It works as advertised but for a third of the cost, you can get "Psyllium Husks Powder" at the health food store. It is the very first ingredient on the "Colonix."

I've tried both, and both were equally as effective.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771

r u kidding?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    this topic has been discussed en masse here. here is one of the many posts on the topic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/56254-wondering-if-i-should-try-a-colon-cleanser-any-advice?hl=colon+cleanse#posts-648097

if you type colon cleanse into the search bar under Message Boards you will find pages and pages of them. I would recommend reading through some, they are very informative.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member

r u kidding?

no. not at all. i'm on a detox cleanse right now. only fruits and veggies. nothing else. It cleaned me out the first night AND the next morning. It wasn't the most pleasant experience but i definitely feel "clean" now. and if you do it for 14 days, you feel GREAT! and I've lost 4lbs since Wednesday last week. :-)
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Thank you to everyone who gave me their advice. I really didn't want to buy the cleanse, and now I'm sure that I'm not going to. I will try the fruit and veggies for a couple of days to see if that helps. Maybe some physllim stuff...and I know that I didn't spell that right...:blushing: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.