hey...waht should i eat

Options
hi,

im a new member , and hope that this fitness pal will help me reach my goal weight. i hope to make good friends here and much support. what i want to know is what should i eat , i mean i live in a house with 6 other people. family , and im not in control of what foods they buy most of the time. w have fruits like apples oranges. we also have grapes and apples in the house all the time but im concerned about eating the wrong things and taking in to much fatty foods ect.
this morning i had two whole wheat slices of bread with butter and one banana about 6-8 in.
we dont really have a variety of foods to eat can someone please help me figure out things i can eat for lunch and dinner with a small budget. thanks. also should i be eating every 3 hours or every two. im trying to speed up my metabolism because my body is in starvation mode. plus im 225 pounds and 5ft 2 in meaning im obese . so im really trying to geet healthy so help my self and so my mom would feel better knowing her daughter is more healthy.thanks

oh i have a sweat tooth and try to stay away from soda and ice cream as well as chocolate. but i would love your opinion on what i should eat.

Replies

• hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    hi i know what your going through... i live with my grandparents so i dont always control what they have in the house...
    u should make morning protein shakes...
    u already have the fruit just throw it in the blender
    add some low fat milk...
    and buy some carnation protein powder they come in packages...
    or any other type of protein...
    they keep u full for a long time...
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth, but whats a SWEAT tooth? sounds gross LOL j/k.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    All the fruits you listed are great choices.

Make sure you include good protein sources in your diet like lean cuts of meat, dairy/yogurt, fish and eggs. Beans are cheap and a good source of protein and fiber.

Also include vegetables canned green beans are cheap as well as cut broccoli.

Several government websites as well as the american heart assoc. and american diabetes association has sample menus.:flowerforyou:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/sampmenu.htm
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest playing around with the food diary to see what you want to eat. I've found that the more natural a food, the better. For example apples are lower calorie and better for you than applesauce. Pita chips are better than Doritos, whole grain bread is better than white bread, etc. Since you're restricted to eat what's at home, try and avoid things that have heavy sauces, lots of cheese, fried, sodas, etc. Learning what to eat and how to prepare food is a life-long process.
  • keysha00
    keysha00 Posts: 11
    Options
    hey .. thanks :-)

CONGRATS ON YOUR "LOSS"
  • keysha00
    Options
    LOL MY BAD I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE LOL
  • keysha00
    Options
    THANK YOU

ivykivy and ckakask

i will look at the website , and thanks for your advice and ideas.ill try to stay away from fatty foods and snacks as well. congrats to you all on your loss . thanks again
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would stick with whole grains (TJ makes a great whole wheat hamburger bun and mutli grain low cal bread), nuts, beans, low cal yogurt and cheese...
    I have a huge sweet tooth and allow myself one no sugar chocolate pudding....or 2 squares of hershey''s dark chocolate
    Kashi and Luna bars are pretty good as well

Kim