Food repitition

Options
2»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    if that helps u focus then go for it. i just eat what i feel like making or putting in a bowl
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What you eat doesn't matter, total calories matter. If it's easier to stick to your goals by eating the same things every day, then go for it.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My meals pretty much stay the same and im ok with it...my diary is public if you want to see it. Im a picky eater and my motto now is "eat to live not live to eat. I gained all my weight by being repetitious with just about any combination of a carb and cheese....I feel so much healthier now ;)
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I repeat a lot simply because I tend to cook one large cut of meat that I got on sale and eat it until it's gone.
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! It makes me a bit anxious to veer too far from what i typically eat. If I can't weigh it, and know how many calories are in it, I probably wont eat it. That being said, I have 2 teens (one picky daughter) and a husband who may be getting bored of the same stuff, not that they don't get their pizza and mcdonalds. Also, it's become too much of a conversation between my husband and I who work long hours to "discuss" dinner, which ends up being same ole, same ole. And summer picnics are gonna start to stink if I can't think out of the box.
    I need to restart making healthy casseroles that they like. I like to eat high protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains. Im losing weight, gaining muscle but I have a family to feed as well.
    Suggestions? And What do you guys do at picnics/dinner parties?

You can remake your fast food meals. Make pizza at home. Buy premade sauce, shredded low-fat mozzarella, and pizza dough, either from a pizzeria (many will sell you raw dough) or the grocery store. You can even buy whole wheat dough. Then you can add healthy stuff to it for toppings.

And, remake the McDonald's meal. Chicken nuggets can be higher quality chicken but baked, and you can make smaller burgers or sliders, including turkey or veggie burgers. There are good French fries that can be baked, and my daughter now likes Alexia chipotle seasoned sweet potato fries. Or make your own.

We tried a recipe in the crockpot the other day. Three chicken breasts with 1/4 cup of water and 2/3 c. Frank's hot sauce. Let it cook on low for several hours. Take the chicken out and shred it with a fork (breaks apart easily), return to the crockpot and let it soak up the flavor again.

We put it on small dinner rolls, and it was really delicious. Message me if you want more details, as the recipe was in a magazine and I have to find it.
    This sounds delicious! Thank You! I inboxed you!!! :wink:
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    @ ChattiPatty...If you like broccoli salad, it can be made semi-healthy if you use greek yogurt (put it in a cheesecloth or single layer paper towel lined fine mesh strainer and set it over a bowl for about an hour (in the fridge) to drain any excess liquid). Cut out or cut back on the cheese (I cut it out completely) and add an even bigger variety of veggies to it. I say keep the bacon because it adds awesome flavor. This is my recipe:
    1 cup greek yogurt, drained
    1 cup sweetener of choice
    4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
    1 tsp. salt
    Mix in your veggies and bacon (and cheese if using). Make sure to let it set in the fridge for a while to let the flavors blend. Always tastes better the next day. My mom likes to add red bell peppers. I say add as many veggies as you want. Cauliflower would work well, any of the bell peppers, shredded carrots, cucumbers, etc.
    This! on the side of Cloud2011's chicken recipe!! YUM!!! Thank you!!!!
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    I usually end up eating the same thing mon-fri. Every now & then I will take something out of my daily routine/add to change it up a little.