Cocktail struggle

Options
hello - I am fairly new to MFP and I am very happy to be here.
My struggle is cocktails. No - I am not an acoholic but a social drinker. My children are older so I get to go out quite a bit with my friends and there are always cocktails involved. I love beer when out at sporting events but I understand how bad beer is. I have given up beer completely. I have started drinking cranberry juice and vodka when out but it's getting old. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    There's always vodka tonics :tongue: I've been having a glass of wine that I nurse while out with friends.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    bacardi and diet w/a slice of lime :drinker:
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    I like vodka/water/lime. some places have diet sprite, or vodka orange juice. also lite beer isn't too bad
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a light beer would be lesser calories than the cocktail.

However, you could try diet tonic and vodka.

I just drink wine. I usually have a couple of hundred calories left over at the end of the day anyways, so can usually add a glass of wine or two to my diet.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You could always go MGD 64....I would say stick to liquors as pure as they can get, not mixed with a bunch of juice or high calorie additives like red bull (unless it's sugar free!). Tonic is a good idea, or you can mix with diet soda!
  • kelbelle970
    Options
    I've been enjoying citrus flavored vodka, mixed with the flavored waters that are available now (Aquafina Tangy Citrus, Grape, etc..)

While out in a pub I stick to a light rum or vodka mixed with tonic and a splash of lime juice...way less calories than if you were to mix only with juice.
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    White wine spritzer with a twist of lime. Actually lately I have been getting just a plain old club soda with a twist of lime, makes me feel like I "fit in" sitting with a drink, but do not get the calories. :flowerforyou:
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    There's always vodka tonics :tongue: I've been having a glass of wine that I nurse while out with friends.

I was watching regis and kelly today and they showed 3 cocktails and had people guess which was the worst (calorie wise) and vodka tonic was

there must be a site where you can look this stuff up?? I don't drink often enough to bother, but I'm sure you can find out
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    How about a wine spritzer. Your favorite wine with a diet 7-up mixed over ice
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Cranberry juice has a TON of calories, stick to wine, white wine spritzers or Vanilla Stoli and Diet coke. Although I am not a big fan of sodas in any form.
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Options
    Abstain from alcohol completely until you have reached goal weight, after which, when you go out to a bar, men will be buying your drinks, and so you save a lot of money. :huh:

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    Abstain from alcohol completely until you have reached goal weight, after which, when you go out to a bar, men will be buying your drinks, and so you save a lot of money. :huh:

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

I've been drinking while doing this and have still lost weight. I usually drink wine...or straight vodka on the rocks. 4 oz. or so. Skinny Girl Margaritas are good to: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=622395
    This site is good anyways, it has recipes and then also has the nutrition info right there!!!!