yoga?

Options
does anyone have any good suggestions for online yoga sessions to follow? my cable provider recently discontinued the "on demand" exercise channel (of course) and i am out of luck! i figured i'd ask the experts here, rather than spend my exercise time surfing the net!

thanks! ;)

Replies

• SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Why not try to join a local class through your local parks & rec? Maybe shop eBay or Amazon for some great videos? It is really best to just join a class, because it is really healing to do yoga with other people. I am planning to start doing Bikrams Yoga again. My friend took me awhile ago, when I was larger than I am now. It is only $20.00 for the first 2 weeks. I am going to have to pay for it after that. I really like Bikrams because you do the same 26 Asanas in a heated room , every muscle in your body is stretched and toned. You can see your improvement day to day. 90 minutes of hot yoga burns 654 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Many studios offer a free first class. Also, there are plenty of free podcasts (Yoga Journal has quite a few).
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses!

i live in a very rural area - closest yoga studios are at least 25-50 miles away ~ the big craze locally right now is zumba and i am soooo not ready for THAT - oh, and money is tiiiiiggghhtttt!! haha. i will check out yoga journal!! thank you so much!! :)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I seriously love Denise Austin's Yoga Burn video....I think I bought it for a little over $10. I would check youtube also! :)

P.S. I love Yoga Journal!! :)