Zucchini Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I've been making zuccini fries:

cut then in half lengthwise and then half again so their shaped like fries.

coat with a little olive oil or spray with cooking oil like Pam.

then roll in seasoned bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.

I spray them again lightly.

place in hot oven, 415 or so, until brown, as you like them. takes maybe 10-15 minutes.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Will you post that recipe please :flowerforyou:
    I slice it thin and use it in lasagna in place of the noodles. Yummy- Cindy :heart:
    Hi, I take the zuchini and slice it in thins strips lengthwise. I bake the zuchini in a 300 degree oven for about 30 minutes give or take to help get the water out of it so I don't have watery sauce. I brown 1 lb. of ground turkey with a little bit of italian seasoning added in. I use fat free riccota and fat free cottage cheese mixed together I also use low fat mozzerella. I saute mushrooms,onions,garlic and layer everything like regular lasagna. I use whatever pasta sauce is on sale. The calories are low for a huge chunk. I don't know the nutritional facts off hand. I figure it out according to what I've added. Enjoy- :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    skearns, I'm with you.... can't wait til mine grows!!! After all these recipes and ideas, I may just have to add zucchini to my grocery list. lol
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night and am having it for lunch today!

1 Large Zucchini sliced THICK
    1 Large can of Diced Tomatos (I will use fresh from the garden once they are ready!)
    2 Chicken Breasts, boiled, then sliced thin. (When boiling, I add garlic and pepper - seasons the chicken)
    Jalapenos, chilis, red peppers, anything else really that you would like...

Place the zucchini in a glass baking dish, place chicken on/around zucchini, pour in the tomatoes and peppers, season to taste, sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese (can be omitted) and bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.

:heart: :heart: :heart: it! :bigsmile:

I can't wait to go back and read everyone else's! Thanks guys!
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I slice it and put it under the broiler with a little olive oil and garlic, or parmigiana.

Try using a vegetable peeler to slice it and put in a pot of boiling water, replace it as noodles in pasta dishes.

Slice it and saute, then pour eggs over to make scrambled eggs with zucchini.
  • Trina22
    Trina22 Posts: 22
    Options
    I discovered this last year when someone gave me a lot of zucchini and it's my absolute favorite recipe using this vegetable! I found it on Recipe Zaar.

Ingredients
    2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 " slices
    1 egg, mixed with
    2 tablespoons milk
    1 clove smashed garlic
    1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    Directions
    1Preheat oven to 450°.
    2Combine egg, milk and garlic in a shallow dish and set aside for about 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
    3Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and pepper in another shallow dish.
    4Dip zucchini slices into egg mixture, then into crumbs and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
    5Bake for 10 minutes, then turn over and bake for 5 minutes more or until brown and crispy.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    This is one of my Favorites

I modified it from my mom's neighbor's recipe to lower the Calories and Fat

Zucchini - Carrot Pancakes

1/4 cup Olive Oil
    1 Medium Onion chopped
    2 cups shredded Zucchini
    1 cup shredded Carrot
    1 cup skim milk
    3 eggs beaten lightly
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
    Pinch of Nutmeg
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Pam (or Butter) for cooking
    4 oz Fat Free heavy cream
    4 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese softned

in medium skillet melt oil and saute onion 5 mins. Add zucchini and carrots and cook 2 mins. Cool, then stir in Eggs and Milk- set aside

combine flour, baking powder, parm chees nutmeg salt and pepper. Stir dry ingredients in to vegetable mixture.

ladle batter 1/4 cup at a time on to a lightly buttered (or Pam) griddle or skillet. Cook until set (2 to 3 minutes) turn and cook until brown and vegetables are cooked

to make the sauce - combine cream cheese and heavy cream in a small heavy pan over low heat. Whisk the mixture until smooth, add parm cheese Pour sauce over pancakes.
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We tried something new with Zucchini and it was DELICIOUS!

2 Servings
    375 Calories per serving(may vary; be sure to count when you make it yourself!)

Stuffed Zucchini
    -3 Zucchini
    -8 oz Ground Turkey
    -1 whole Green Bell Pepper
    -1 cup diced Green Onion
    -Can of Tomato Paste
    -Salt and Pepper
    -Optional: Parmesan Cheese

Slice the Zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds on each half and save. Parboil for 8-10 minutes. Brown the turkey and add in Bell Pepper, Onion and Salt and Pepper and Seed Pulp from Zucchini. Cook for about 3-5 minutes and then drain off any water. Add in the tomato paste.

Put a piece of tin foil on a cookie sheet. Place the Zucchini shells on the foil and add in filling. Bake for about 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Optional: add some Parmesan cheese to taste but don't forget to add in those calories! And enjoy!

3714859060_5324d9063c.jpg
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Lots of yummy recipes...saving for later.
  • aprilf
    aprilf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, after looking at all these great recipes and more that keep getting added, i'm a little miffed the squash bugs decided to eat my zucchini instead of letting me!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was just asking someone for zucchini recipes. This is perfect. I think I'm gonna try your recipe Ian. Sounds great!
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was just asking someone for zucchini recipes. This is perfect. I think I'm gonna try your recipe Ian. Sounds great!

Awesome! Let us know how it turns out!

-Ian