Getting started

Options
4mricandy
4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
My name is Mike. I'm your typical old high school athlete that has let the weight pile up over the years. I'm currently at 315 lbs, 6'2" and would like to get it off for the last time. I've done all the diets and realize the only true way of losing is burning off cmore calories than you take in. Duh! Let's see how it goes. Glad to be aboard.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Sameerah
    Sameerah Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    I wish you much success on your journey. I started my profile last year, and I kinda fell off, but what I've read from many users is that you gotta stick in there. So far, this is my second day since last year logging in what I'm eating.

I too would like to lose weight...and I like you, I've tried dieting everything just about. The key is, it's not necessarily what you are eating, it's how much. However, you must be careful of the choices you choose from. For example, if you want a slice of pizza...instead of getting two get one, and instead of thick crust, get thin...with veggies. Instead of white rice, breads and pastas, get whole grains. Potatoes are my weakness, however, I too love sweet potatoes. So you learn to alter your choices. Eventually, you will only crave what's healthy for you.

For example, I use to LOVE sodas. Love them! I started drinking nothing but water for a week. By the second week (and this was a little over a month ago), all I crave now is water. With ever meal :smile:

So, I root you on, as I root myself. Please feel free to share with me any tips that you may have. I would GREATLY appreciate them. Take care and good luck!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sameerah,
    Thanks for the support. i think I'm going to like this site. Nothing like people supporting people. I have had some success in the past with weight loss, but I always seem to "fall off the wagon." It so so mental - you just gotta keep believing in your self!
    Thanks again for your support!
    Mike
  • Sameerah
    Sameerah Posts: 16
    Options
    Sameerah,
    Thanks for the support. i think I'm going to like this site. Nothing like people supporting people. I have had some success in the past with weight loss, but I always seem to "fall off the wagon." It so so mental - you just gotta keep believing in your self!
    Thanks again for your support!
    Mike

Anytime Mike! I'm glad to know a support system as well. I wanted to give up, but I have to hang in here. I don't like me this size. I'm at my heaviest, and that's a no no for me. Anyways, I look forward to meeting the new you soon :smile: Take care and have a blessed night!
  • sharkbite201210
    Options
    My name is Ryan Fischer and I am trying to lose the 15 pounds I gained when I went to college. I plan on cutting my calories so that I can lose 2 pounds a week and running on an elliptical to help.
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mike! If you have not already done so, read the "Newbie" posts under the General Diet and Weight Loss section. There is great info in these posts. I wish you the best of luck!

Welcome Ryan Too!!
  • dadezblueydgirl89
    Options
    hey everyone! my name is Andrea. I don't particularly want to lose weight i just want to get in better shape and finally start working out again. i would like to have some strength and get some muscles! :)