Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A different kind of challenge...

I'm old enough to remember the anti-littering ads on TV that showed a native American shedding a tear while surveying the litter along the side of the road. It seems we're overdue for that ad campaign again, but I digress.

It distresses me to see garbage and litter strewn along our sidewalks and recreational paths and I make a point of picking up at least one piece of litter when I go for a run or bike ride. (Energy gel wrappers really bug me - they're too heavy to carry to the next trash can?)

So here's my challenge to the runners, walker & cyclists. For the next 30 days pick up 1 piece of litter when you're out for your run, walk or bike ride; let's set a good example, who knows maybe some others may get the idea.. Obviously common sense must prevail, don't pick up any thing with bodily fluids or that can puncture your skin unless you have a suitable barrier or receptacle for sharp items.

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    I think that this is a wonderful challenge!
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    what a great idea! we have a community park clean up day coming up at the end of the month i always participate in also. "Keep America Clean"
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Great challenge. I am all for it.
  • Challenge accepted.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Challenge accepted.

Me too! This is a great idea.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    I do this already :)
    I run the same route regularly, clockwise and counter-clockwise
    it's now gotten to the point where I don't have to pick anything up anymore...
    even though there is a high school and middle school that back onto the trail I run
    :happy:
  • arctiknitter
    arctiknitter Posts: 119 Member
    I've been doing this for years. What a great idea to make it a challenge!