NO SURGERY WAY OF GETTING RID OF LOOSE SKIN??

Options
2»

Replies

• natanata86
    natanata86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you really want to get rid of the extra skin for good, surgery is the best way. Insurance has been known to cover panniculectomy (kind of like a tummy tuck), the thing is that most plastic surgeon's offices don't know how to file for insurance and also insurance companies are making it harder to qualify for getting that surgery covered. There are some plastic surgery centers that focus on post weight-loss patients, but not many. In Dallas, TX we have one center that does know how to work with insurance companies and they also work with you on payments: http://loseskin.com/

You're likely to qualify to have insurance pay for your panniculectomy/tummy tuck if you have documentation from your primary care doctor that you have rashes, infections under you excess skin. It also helps if your extra skin on your stomach hangs over your pubic area. You are much more likely to get it covered by insurance that way. Again, I know you said you don't want surgery, but if it's a pretty significant amount of extra skin, surgery is the best way!!
  • candynerds
    candynerds Posts: 2
    Options
    This response is 2 years too late, but it's still good info.
    These are two sites for a no surgery way of getting rid of loose skin. It's not an easy road to lose even more weight than you might have planned, but I think it beats plastic surgery any day.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-get-rid-of-excess-skin-after-major-weight-loss/
    http://www.muscleforlife.com/how-to-get-rid-of-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/

they say the same thing, i just wanted to show it wasn't just one person who has these ideas. getting down to 18% BMI for women isn't for everyone, but it does explain the stubborn fat that's left over.

hope this helps someone.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about keeping the excess skin in my muffin top just in case I get burned and need skin graph
  • christykroft
    Options
    Have you ever tried an ultimate body applicator. It tightens, tones, and firms your skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite in 45 mins. Granted, the more skin you have , the more applicators you are going to use. They work wonders.
  • babyvixen87
    Options
    I been losing weight pretty fast I started at 180Lbs I am now 159.2Lbs and as far as the stretch marks fading out of all the stuff I been reading reviews on I have decided to try and make my own by using organic high in vitamin natural oils and as for the extra skin that I want to tighten and tone I will use weights daily and I have also heard of thermal activated lotions with aloe works i have even heard of using hemroid ointment with aloe lotion and Seran wrap wear it during the night while you sleep and when you take it off in the morning don't drink any liquids for at least 2-3 hours so hopefully that will work wish me luck. Heck if it works successfully I might even patten it and sell it, we'll come payday I will be starting my remedy.
  • akaidolphin
    akaidolphin Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So, this is a really old post, but has anyone had any success with these suggestions?
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Genetics can play a huge part. Hydration and moisture will help but if genetics says you'll have it you can't really fight it. Same with stretch marks.

This.....the rest is just woo.