DIET FREE FOR LIFE~ANYONE?

Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Just wondering if anyone has done this or can provide some insight on it.

ETA: This is a program from Robert Ferguson and is the shorter (and cheaper) book version of 'The Food Lovers Diet'.

Thanks,
Rosie

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    it seems to me that all they really are doing is portion control... if you are eating what you want, but doing it in moderation and implementing portion control, plus some movement then you are diet free...
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    my mother has never dieted. if her pants get a little tight, she eats a little less or moves a little more, whichever it is that she knows she is lacking. tight pants, however, are a rarity. she has always eaten fairly small quantities, but never goes hungry, and she has never exercised (in terms of dedicated exercise)... she just spends all day zooming around on her feet everywhere.

i was the same until i became injured and had limited mobility. i ended up eating less purely because i wasn't moving much at all, but i continued eating whenever i was hungry (and will continue to do so). hunger response and actual caloric requirements seemed to be out of sync... i put on about 10kg over a year. i freaked out at one point and tried a milkshake diet for about 2 weeks, lol, but apart from that i would hardly call what i do 'dieting'. i eat, i move, then i eat when i'm hungry. i tracked calories for a bit to try to understand why i put on weight (i still don't know why) and to figure out whether frequent small amounts of exercise could make a difference. it helped, so i stopped counting.

i like to eat nutritiously, i don't like feeling 'full', i like occasional treats, and i like to exercise a most days.

most of the time it's a low-stress sort of existence.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are no magic pills.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Honestly knowing people that have been on diets they never work and if they do it only last until you stop doing it and you usually put on all the weight and then some. The best way is to figure out the calorie amount that your body reacts well too and keep in that intake and exercise. Just my opinion :)
  • MysticFerret
    MysticFerret Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Diet Free Life. It's not the same at Food Lovers because FL was taken over by a different company. Diet Free Life does involve portion control because we are talking about real life long term life style change. But it also involves understanding how food works together with your metabolism. How many carbs your body can take (everyone is different and it changes). Diets don't work, changing the way you think about food and your body is what works - hence Diet Free Life.
  • AlexisRulesOC
    Options
    Just be Vegan. It's not a diet. I ate almost a cup of raw trail mix yesterday and still lost weight. Gluten and animal products are what was making me fat.