I signed up for TEAM IN TRAINING today!!

Options
It has been a goal of mine for about 2 years but I kept putting it off. Then I signed up for an info session in April and was told 2 weeks later that my cousing had Acute Leukemia. So I will be running a 1/2 marathon in Philadelphia in September!! I hope it goes well(training and fundraising) :)

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Way to go girl!!! Now we can be buddies together on this. I'm doing something similar. I'm running the NYC marathon for the Ronald McDonald House in November. I'm a little scared to fundraise a big wad of cash, but it all goes to such a great cause!! Congratulations!!!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I volunteer for the Ronald McDonald House every month!! Will love having a buddy!! :)
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I think I am signing up for the same one, the Philadelphia distance run...??
  • gustergirl
    Options
    Yes the ING Philadelphia Distance Run!
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I just started training for it, I am at 5 miles now. Not going to be breaking any speed records, but I will be happy just to finish :bigsmile:
  • gustergirl
    Options
    I broke 4 miles on sunday and that was good for me! I just care about finishing too!
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I'm going to try to increase a mile a week, but where I live its all mountains. So this morning I ran 5 miles, but 2.5 miles is straight up hill and the other 2.5 is down hill. I figure the hill training should have the heart in great shape for the flatter run in Philly.
  • jenhephner
    Options
    Congratulations! I am also participating in a Team In Training event - the Nations Triathlon - you will do GREAT! Good luck ... and I hope your cousin is pushing through! We will be thinking of her on September 13 (and every day in between) as we swim, bike & run in DC! :smile: :smile: