First 10# gone

Options
rpounds1957
rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
I reached a milestone this morning - 10.6 pounds gone since April 4th, the day that I joined MFP. A colleague told me about this site and it's one of the best tips I've ever gotten. I eat all of my calories, including my workout calories. At my age and weight (I started at 230 pounds and am just shy of my 55th birthday), my cardio is mostly just walking. I walk at a fairly quick pace and have been doing about a half hour a day. My first goal is to be under the "Obese" designation on the BIM calculator. I have less than a pound to acheive that. My second goal is to get under 200# and my ultimate goal is 180-185 and to KEEP IT OFF! This morning for the first time in 5 years, I am under 220 pounds!!

Replies

• mamnboston
    Options
    That's great, good for you!
  • ldcastilleja
    Options
    So wonderful to hear! You have done an excellent job walking on a daily basis! Congrats!
  • liz342
    liz342 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! 10 lbs in just 2 weeks is great! You're doing a really great job and walking is great exercise! Soon, I bet you may even be running :) Keep up the great work! :)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 pound loss. Your doing great! It's all about one day/week/meal/walk/etc at a time. It's a lifestyle change. Feel free to add me as a Pal!
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 pound loss. Your doing great! It's all about one day/week/meal/walk/etc at a time. It's a lifestyle change. Feel free to add me as a Pal!

Thank you Kimmy. I just added you.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! You're almost half way there!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!