the final push, cellulite on the donk

Options
Do I have to remove all tastiness from my diet to reduce the appearance of cellulite on my donker? As you can see from my pic, my tummy isn't my problems area, it's my ba-donk-a-donk and thighs. Heredity and self abuse have created quite a few unslighly warbly areas and I'd like to really get those down. I know that they'll never go away, I don't ever plan to have my worderfully smooth 18 year old *kitten* any more, but it would be nice to reduce the appearance as much as possible.

Some people swear by eating basically nothing but chicken or fish, broccoli, brown rice, and protein powder while primarily ensuring the elimiation of dairy, sugar, any simple carb, and alcohol. It seems pretty extreme to me to eliminate alcohol merely for cosmetic reasons, especially if it doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

Thoughts?

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My only thought is... show me your donker.

But I have no clue. I am also cursed and have been since I was 16 and 80lbs. *kitten* you genetics!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can diet away cellulite. It's genetic.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Do you lift? I have found that the cellulite on my thighs and rear end has greatly reduced since I started lifting regularly! Good luck!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Yeah, some amount of cellulite is just there to stay due to genetics. The only way to blast that cellulite and defy your genes is to lower your body fat percentage A LOT. Women who are fitness competitors with like 15-16% body fat have pretty much no cellulite, but I can't imagine being that lean unless I was a competitor. Takes some CRAZY discipline. Strength training, drinking lots of water, and cutting the sodium is about all you can do!

Nivea makes some "goodbye cellulite" cream that actually does help a little (but you have to be religious about it for like 3 months before you see results), but it's not a permanent fix or anything.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you find the magical cure, please share. I'm hoping with prolonged exercise I can greatly reduce the cottage cheese look on the back of my thighs, but I think all the fun I had in my 20's will be with me for the rest of my life, like it or not!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I find the Nivea good bye cellulite gel cream actually does a pretty good job at smoothing the skin! And it's cooling, so it feels great to put on on a hot summer evening! LOL!

There are laser treatments out there that also work pretty well, if you have the money for them.

You do look awesome in your profile pic!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Load up on vitamin C. Cellulite is an absence of collagen, not a presence of fat. Vitamin C helps retain and can sometimes rebuild collagen. Unfortunately, a lot of cellulite is just genetic and there's only so much you can do about it. :-(
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    bump
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt Lift it helped mine a lot because my butt always was loaded with the stuff. I also cut dairy/eggs/wheat (as the OP already knows) because of allergies and my butt slimmed a lot. Weigh more now and still my butt is smoother then it's ever been. I have been the thin girl with a wrap on at the beach for a long time. I was sick of it.
    Good luck hun :drinker:
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I do not eat "clean" and I have gotten rid of a lot of cellulite. Now, I never had loads of it, but, I did have some on my legs and butt. Most of it is gone now. I still have some on my butt, but not much...and I want to get rid of all of it by summer.

I think building muscle in your legs and butt will make them look better. I also eat 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day. i think this helps to get rid of the fat (that is what cellulite is) and so you won't have as much.

I also rub coconut oil on my body....and not that this will melt cellulite, but I am 42 and my skin looks very soft and pretty. It use to look dry and scaly no matter what lotion I used. But the coconut oil has really made the appearance of the skin soft and pretty.

Again, genetics does play a role, but i do think that you can get rid of some of the cellulite.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

But I have no clue. I am also cursed and have been since I was 16 and 80lbs. *kitten* you genetics!!!!

for you my love, the world:

DONKER.jpg
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It takes a little longer to make the cellulite go away than it does to lose the weight. A few things that have helped SWMBO with this are:

Make sure you get enough omegas

Take a glucosamine supplement

Lots of fruits and veggies

HIIT jogging/walking

LOTS of water

Time. Sticking with the diet for two years without yo-yo-ing

HTH
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am always hesitant to recommend a product because I hate being in that minset of buying things to fix problems ... however I have been using that Nivea "Goodbye Cellulite" for a while now and I do see an improvement. By "a while" I mean about 2 months using it in the mornings about 4 or 5 times a week. During that time I have almost used the whole tube. It is of course possible that the cream has done nothing and all of the improvement is from my improved diet and exercise -- who knows. I do think, however, that the act of just massaging those areas (for me it is butt, back of thighs, and upper stomach) regularly helps break up and smooth out the lumps.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I do not eat "clean" and I have gotten rid of a lot of cellulite. Now, I never had loads of it, but, I did have some on my legs and butt. Most of it is gone now. I still have some on my butt, but not much...and I want to get rid of all of it by summer.

I think building muscle in your legs and butt will make them look better. I also eat 100 carbs/day and 150 protein/day. i think this helps to get rid of the fat (that is what cellulite is) and so you won't have as much.

I also rub coconut oil on my body....and not that this will melt cellulite, but I am 42 and my skin looks very soft and pretty. It use to look dry and scaly no matter what lotion I used. But the coconut oil has really made the appearance of the skin soft and pretty.

Again, genetics does play a role, but i do think that you can get rid of some of the cellulite.

Yeah, getting my bf% down and lifting has really helped and it's definitely not what it was 1 year and 30 pounds or so ago, but I still have some spots at the crease. It'd be really nice just to not have the crease and have a nice smooth transition, but I can honestly say even at 105 pounds and anorexic I had a crease.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like to think that my cellulite on my *kitten* says "I'm sexy" in braille.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Eating home made bone broth which is loaded with collagen can help.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/bone-broth

Down the middle of the page.

Store bought broths have filtered out the good stuff, that's why the are watery and not jelly like when cold.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options

DONKER.jpg

Do NOT mess with The Donker. "Where is my automobile??"
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like to think that my cellulite on my *kitten* says "I'm sexy" in braille.

Win!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options

DONKER.jpg
    [/quote]

I would be perfectly happy with an *kitten* like that! :)