Starting over.

Options
Well, MFP, I started this account last year, really picked up some steam and started getting fit...then what happened? I dunno, but I fell off the wagon HARD. I gained even more weight and now instead of the 30 I originally came here to lose, it's 50.

I keep trying to find that place within myself that is just so fed up (no pun intended) with being fat and out of shape that I can't do anything but change. I think I found it. I promise myself that this is not a diet. I'm not trying to lose weight, I never want to find it again. I'm letting go of my unhealthy habits and lifestyle and embracing myself and valuing my well-being, as I do for others.

I could use some supportive friends. Wish me luck. My time has come.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I have had luck with the site, it is wonderful! - Feel free to add me - I can help support you
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there same thing happen to me and it sucks!!!!! Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya chica! I will send you a fr!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Well, MFP, I started this account last year, really picked up some steam and started getting fit...then what happened? I dunno, but I fell off the wagon HARD. I gained even more weight and now instead of the 30 I originally came here to lose, it's 50.

I keep trying to find that place within myself that is just so fed up (no pun intended) with being fat and out of shape that I can't do anything but change. I think I found it. I promise myself that this is not a diet. I'm not trying to lose weight, I never want to find it again. I'm letting go of my unhealthy habits and lifestyle and embracing myself and valuing my well-being, as I do for others.

I could use some supportive friends. Wish me luck. My time has come.

I hate to say this...........but I'm so glad you posted this. It really helps to know I'm not the only one....Misery loves company....and like you, I don't know how I fell off so hard -- but the important thing is we are BACK~!! And we're here TOGETHER. And we will DO THIS - AGAIN - and learn from our previous falling~! Good luck. Pls add me as a friend. I could use you!
  • pjamac
    pjamac Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm starting over also!! Need encouragement and less snacking; more activity.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I start over often!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I was right where you were at just three short weeks ago. Every day is the beginning of the rest of your life. You can do this!!! Congratulations on choosing you! Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request! As long as you never give up, you don't fail and yes you had a setback but that doesn't mean that all is lost. You are saying to yourself that you need that motivation and support from others because believe me I do too and without my MFP friends I could not have made it as far as I have! Good luck!
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me for support as well. That goes for anyone.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Im starting over as well...

When i first started with MFP i was doing great the first month and then i fell off the wagon and started making excuses for why i couldnt go exercise.

When i first started i wasnt eating too healthy but i was exercising3 times a week.

When i fell off the wagon i was eating extreamly healthy but i wasnt exercising at all.

Now im using this weekend to get everything ready ( clean my house, prepare my home so i can work out in it, add more drop in sessionst o my gym card, fill my fridge with healthy food, etc)
    Because i find if i dont get that done then i wont workout until it is done, doesnt make a lot of sense but its an excuse ive found myself using these past two months.

I decided that instead of trying to see the end goal im going to just focus on the day that im in this way i dont get stressed out.

AND i also decided im not going to go out and tell people that im trying to lose weight as i find when i do end up failing i wont feel as if i have a ton of people thinking that they knew this was going to happen.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, I start over often!

If thats the case then lets work together so were not starting over ever again :)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Right with you. I’ve got to get it right this time. Getting too old to carry this much weight! Feel free to add me as well.
  • xcharysma
    xcharysma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I also started last year and fell off the wagon but I've been back for a few months and kept at it. I read health/fitness magazines, online exercise articles and listen to fitness podcasts to keep me motivated. I lost the 10lbs that I gained after quitting. Now I'm back to my starting point and always tell myself that this is the best thing I can do for myself. I'll love myself more and more each day for the right choices I make. Keep at your goal! The benefits outweighs any thing else! :flowerforyou:
  • clj1977
    clj1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is a lifestyle change not a diet. Diets don't work. You have to find something that you can stick with for the rest of your life! Good luck!
  • Jrzgirl71
    Jrzgirl71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you and need all the help I can get. I have been looking at different weight loss programs online all morning trying to figure out how to get this weight off once and for all. I have a loooooooooong way to go and at this point, don't even know how or where to begin. I'll take all the help, support, and encouragement I can get!
  • considermac
    Options
    Hi Djkymba,
    Good job on getting back on the wagon.
    I think you have the right attitude; it’s not necessarily about "losing weight." It’s about changing lifestyles from unhealthy to a vibrant, healthy, and energetic lifestyle. The weight loss will be the result, the proof of your health new lifestyle. That's the way I am looking at it.

Goal -- Health lifestyle
    Result -- Weight loss.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation.

Daryl
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You have taken the best step you can take!! Changing your life from that DIET world to the HEALTHY world will get you places. A diet will not last long but a healthy lifestyle will carry you a long way. You can do this!!!!Just make little changes along the way and they become habits. You will get results.....sometimes fast and sometimes slow.....but if you keep trying you can do it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Good luck on your journey.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I totally know how you are feeling.

In 2010 I started on MFP reached my goal by Sept, kept it off until April 2011, then it crept back a small amount at a time:sad: I could say that I have no idea how that happened but I know better than that. By the time Jan 2012 arrived I realized I had gained back 30 of what I'd lost...but I reached into my closet pulled out some of my cutest clothes and said they will be mine to wear again by Summer.

I'm approaching it different this time too, I'm really going for cooking better meals and getting the HEALTH part of MFP into my life this time as well as more exercise...because I want to be a healthy wife, mother and grandma:wink:

You can do this:drinker: take it one day at a time and together we can make this change once and for all:smile:
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I'm eligible for adding, too!

You can do this! Sometimes it takes an absolute low point to realize that you are worth so much more...and guess what?

YOU ARE! :flowerforyou:
  • tamarama007
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of us in the same boat! My promise to myself is to not enter my thirties as out of shape as I am. I have just under six months to get things going in the right direction. It is time for a fresh start. As a veteran of the US Navy I know I can do it. Hey, if I can survive Boot Camp I can do anything, right? I'll take all the help I can get, so if anyone has it in their heart to add me please do. This is my first day on my new path.
    Good Luck to All!