What running does to fat...pictures

Options

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    wow! this is exactly what I needed to sure my spot in a 5K for June.. and start training NOW! :) Thanks for sharing and great job.

ETA: your son is so HANDSOME! My husband is chinese so I see asain babies in my future (like 5 yr + future :P)
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work. Your son is a cutie and I'm sure he's motivation enough to do what you've done and continue to do. Wishing you all the best. Thank you for inspiring me. : )
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Oh, and in case anyone wanted cuteness overload...here's my crew in March for little man's second birthday.

126-S.jpg

Beautiful! :)

Chuk-ha hey yo!
    Congrats! :)
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    Your kids are too cute! :happy:

And yeah, there is a definite change to your facial shape, it looks lifted and younger. I'm also doing C25K and am doing repeat weeks, so I'm right there with ya.

Keep it up!
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I definitely can see it! I've noticed a big difference in how running changes my body too. Keep it up! :)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Make sure to get into some heavy weight lifting. All that running (especially while on a calorie deficit) will eat into your muscle mass faster than your fat mass.

You're going to lose some LBM anyway - as you drop weight this is normal. You want to do strength to keep as much of it as you can.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Cute kids!!! & great job, you look awesome! :)
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME! Im on week three and so needed that inspiration! Im not gonna lie... longest 3 mins of my life! and every time im not sure im gonna live! Lol
  • JLArispe
    JLArispe Posts: 62
    Options
    Running is the best cardio workout you can get. Sure you can do weights and walking but with running you are going to burn fat, calories and lean out. Once you state losing more weight, start throwing in some weights to tone up the weight that you have lost. Keep up the good work!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    congrats! you should be proud!! I am only just beginning to try to run for the first time ever in my life, I find it tough but I will keep trying!
  • PrissyJayne
    Options
    Wow! What a change!! You look great Sweetie! Keep it up!
  • kristibag81
    Options
    What an inspiration!!!

I keep saying, I'm not a runner. But, I guess I'll never know if I don't try, right?

C25K, here I come!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What I've noticed is that while the weight loss has slightly increased since I began running (4.5 to 5 lbs. a month vs. 3.5 to 4 lbs.), my body shape is changing far faster than it was before. It's not the calorie burn difference either, because I eat my exercise calories, whether that means 200 calories or 400 calories.

First of all, congrats on your loss!!

I can't see the pics because they are blocked at work, but I just posted something similar to this. I am on week 6 of c25k. In the past couple of weeks 3 people have asked me if I've lost more weight. I haven't. I've been maintaining for about 8 months.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Make sure to get into some heavy weight lifting. All that running (especially while on a calorie deficit) will eat into your muscle mass faster than your fat mass.

You're going to lose some LBM anyway - as you drop weight this is normal. You want to do strength to keep as much of it as you can.

I just saw a post about NWLRFL and hope to start that in the fall. Getting to a gym would be tough at this point, but I definitely plan to start doing something soon.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    What an inspiration!!!

I keep saying, I'm not a runner. But, I guess I'll never know if I don't try, right?

C25K, here I come!

I have NEVER been a runner...not even as a relatively healthy kid. In fact, I can run farther now than I ever could as a kid. I'm not in "love" with it yet, but I am dedicated and do enjoy it. But I still breathe a sigh of relief on my "rest" days LOL.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job, To prevent shin splints, stand and bounce your toes up. You can do one leg at a time if it throws you off balance. Also, while you are sitting with your legs crossed, spell out the alphabet with your toes on the crossed leg.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Great job, To prevent shin splints, stand and bounce your toes up. You can do one leg at a time if it throws you off balance. Also, while you are sitting with your legs crossed, spell out the alphabet with your toes on the crossed leg.

I've got them mostly under control now with new shoes and toe lifts on the stairs! I've heard about the alphabet thing but haven't tried it yet.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    your chin looks completely different!
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK that's frigging awesome girl!!!!! YAY YOU!!!