165 days on MFP, down 60 pounds with progress pictures.

Options
KacieHetrick
KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app on my phone in February of 2011 and never even signed on once until a doctor's appointment in October 2011 made me realize that although I had Hashimoto's disease and yes it had made me gain weight, that I was using it as a crutch. I was using it to justify my lack of physical activity and poor food choices. I started doing Zumba 4 x's a week and various exercise DVD's was eating at a low calorie diet of 1200 and eating back exercise calories. Doing that I lost 50 pounds until February 2012 when I stalled out and even gained back 7 of those 50. I took a look at my eating habits, nothing had changed so I did some research in the forums and learned about "starvation mode", I know, I know people fight all day long on here about whether or not it exists or not, but the point is who cares whether or not it does. My body decided it didn't want to lose anymore. So after reading a few posts by a guy named Helloitsdan I decided to try to up my caloric intake, I upped it to 1700 at first and 8 more pounds before I stalled again, this time I actually fully followed his advice and have started losing again. I eat 2295 calories a day and do not eat back exercise calories unless my activity during the day brings me below my BMR. This morning I hit 60 pounds lost! I'm ecstatic! 6 months since I've started my journey to a healthier me and I'm halfway to my first goal weight! I hope to start heavy lifting this fall but I am VERY thankful for this app and all of the support on the website!

jpg-2-3-1.jpg

Replies

• niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    You look great keep up the great work :smile:
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • LCrowley83
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great :)
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    congrats! you're looking great!
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Good work! You've earned that body, enjoy it!
  • KacieHetrick
    Options
    Thank you!
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    you look so wonderful!! keep it up!!! :)
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the Good work!
  • CRenaeB
    CRenaeB Posts: 66
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look great...
  • Beccaxx
    Beccaxx Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results hun, you are doing fantastic.

Becca xx
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I love hearing about how people eat real food and lose weight!! So happy for you!! :)
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Interesting. It's hard to tell the difference in the first two photos, at 30 pounds lost. There is a remarkable difference between 30 and 60 though. I also have a lot to lose. It will be interesting to see what 30 pounds looks like on me.

At any rate, you look great. Congratulations on all your hard work.
  • mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    well done, looking great
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi

Well done, thats fantastic :)
  • KathieDee
    KathieDee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!
  • KacieHetrick
    Options
    Interesting. It's hard to tell the difference in the first two photos, at 30 pounds lost. There is a remarkable difference between 30 and 60 though. I also have a lot to lose. It will be interesting to see what 30 pounds looks like on me.

At any rate, you look great. Congratulations on all your hard work.

I lost a lot in my face and shoulders with the first 30 but it's kinda hard to tell from that photo.

Thanks everyone! :)
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look great and you're an inspiration!
  • KacieHetrick
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Godismine06
    Options
    that is awesome, keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!