An Epidemic of Massive Proportions

Options
It seems like there is an epidemic among men who have lost weight, look at almost any before and after picture of a guy who has lost weight. When they were bigger their chests were covered in hair, but now that they are in shape it has disappeared. I am quite a long way into my weight loss journey, and have yet to be afflicted by this terrible thing, but I fear I may be days away.

So ladies do you prefer this, or should the hair stay. Also to the guys, why did you do this, and if you haven't do you plan on it.

Note: I'm not passing judgment on anyone who has done this, it’s just Friday and I felt like having some fun :drinker:

Replies

• kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No no!!! Keep the hair! I'm sorry, but I can't stand that polished look on a man. Not on real men at least. Yeah, the calender type guys look pretty damn hot all, still fake though. Guys should care about how they look and all, but when it goes as far as plucking, tweezing and waxing then that's a little much. Unless you look like cousin It.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll be the {mostly} hairless chest person in the relationship, thank yew very much! :bigsmile:

Wubs the hairy chest. :love:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like men with natural body hair. Shaved or waxed chests look odd to me. Back hair is not sexy though...
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Definitely keep the hair! I LOVE chest hair!

back hair...perfectly ok to remove any way you see fit..
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of chest hair. Fortunately, my husband doesn't naturally have much!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like a little chest hair. If you take off your shirt and it still looks like youre wearing one, that's too much for me. lol
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If a guy isn't too hairy then I like the natural look. If you are particularly furry, though, then no.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    I won't be shaving my chest hair or legs or arms...I am not a bodybuilder or anything...just natural me and I am fine with that.

I don't have back hair so that's a big bonus ha ha LOL. I have lost 42 lbs since I started this journey and never once was tempted to shave...only my head :drinker:
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    I like a little chest hair. If you take off your shirt and it still looks like youre wearing one, that's too much for me. lol

:laugh: I Agree!!!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    chest hair = manly

manly = sexy
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Guess I can answer my own question, I have done this in the past, with an ex girlfriend who wasn't a fan of chest hair, I also think I did it with my wife once, just for the hell of it, but I won't be doing it again. Just to much work, thats why I like being a man, no need to shave other than my face. :bigsmile:
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Call me old fashion, but I prefer hair on a man's chest, but not so much on the back.

At the gym, it's weird seeing men with shaved legs.

I'll be 58 in September. Back in 1978, a boyfriend surprised me with a shaved groin. Needless to say, I told him I didn't "do" little boys. We wound up playing cards instead..

I'm open minded and don't have a problem with individual preferences -- that's what makes life so interesting!

Whatever floats your boat . . . live and let live.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    A little bit is fine, but if you start shedding and beating your chest like a gorilla, well, no thanks.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    NO! GET RID OF THE HAIR. kthanx.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    No hair is my preference. Legs is okay, the rest can go!
  • 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    for me a man with little to no chest hair looks and feels great....mounds of it...not so much.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Chest hair was worked for Tom Selleck for decades. If you shave it remember its hair, it grows back.

I on the other hand just don't have any chest hair at all. so the shave is not even an option.
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    chest hair = manly

manly = sexy

^This, little boys should be the only males with no chest hair.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My wife has forbidden me to shave my chest hair. I think that is a good thing.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like short chest hair.....so no not shaven but maybe a set of hair clippers with a low numbered guard on it.... so short...but not shaven :)

Other regions.....shaved for sure !! :)