My Wedding dress got here today...and it didn't fit :(

Options
Yep I said it, it came and it did not fit.

IT WAS TOO FALARKIN BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pinched it, pinned it, tied it and even called my seamtress friend and it was useless. It was 4 inches too big in the boobs...(which as you see is shocking) and 2 inches in the waist.....now the waist I could deal with...but then I got to thinking, my wedding is in 5 weeks....there is no way I am staying this size, by the time the wedding hits I will have lost more weight, meaning the dress would be WAY to big....so, I called the shop that I got it from, and luckily they had 1 more a size smaller, so I rushed to the Post Office and sent it off.....should have the new one this Friday....I figure if I need to have the seamstress pull me in a couple inches that will work alot better then 2 sizes too big.....

I was so excited to see the package today......and then it didn't fit......I wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad about it at first.................hmmmmmmmmmmmm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Oh and a side note....My gorgeous engagement and wedding sets are here somewhere....I saw the package they came in but honey has hidden the pretties somewhere...................argh.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I have done alterations as a side job for years! It is common to get the wrong size then in a rush make the bride pay hundreds of dollars for "fitting" her gown! good for you for sending it back! I have seen shops charge as much as $120 just to shorten a dress and re hem it! By the way, happy wedding day!

Use an outside seamstress, You will save a bunch of money on your alterations! It is a gimmick Bridal shops rack up the extra charges to increase profits!
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    It happens, I work in the industry. I hope the next one if perfect for you!!! :smile:
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I just reread your message, too small, but too big in the bustline, take in the waist? I am so confused, what is up with the dress?
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I just reread your message, too small, but too big in the bustline, take in the waist? I am so confused, what is up with the dress?

I think maybe she meant to say... I WAS TOO FALARKIN SMALL!!!!!!!!! Not "it".

BTW, I totally love that word, "falarkin"... it's going in my crazy vocab rolodex, right next to "kittywampus".
  • czewwhat
    Options
    I was going to steal that one and put it next to frazamastat! Awww darn! you got it first! I am too small makes sense!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    I WAS TOO SMALL sorry ladies...........................................The dress was too big
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    OOPS....ladies and gents too.......

BTW I got my purdy engagement ring......and then honey and I plopped in the truck, drove to the jeweler and picked out our wedding bands.....we get to pick them up next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I was going to steal that one and put it next to frazamastat! Awww darn! you got it first! I am too small makes sense!

Can you use "frazamastat" in a sentence please? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • czewwhat
    Options

Can you use "frazamastat" in a sentence please? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I need a new frazamastat because the thingy in my lawn mower won't start. It is that part right next to the thingamabob!