Office Exercise?

Options
I've recently started to do planks during the day in my office. I am lucky enough to be able to close the door for a couple of minutes and just do a plank. I am trying to do that a few times a day.

Today I added some lunges as I have discovered that they are my nemesis and I want to be able to master them without having to scream at my workout DVD :laugh:

I just do a few and stop before I break out sweating but I figure that'll make the actual workouts easier later down the road.

Anyway ...

What are you doing in your office? Any suggestions what I could safely add at work?

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I started sitting on my exercise ball at work, so I roll back and do crunches sometimes. My desk also raises for standing so I can do some hamstring curls or leg lifts. Going to bring in my resistance band soon.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    I work on the 8th floor of my building. Monday-Friday on my lunches and breaks, I ascend and descend 10 flights of stairs while doing arm calisthenics. It gives me a nice boost of energy, and takes away my guilt of sitting on my butt 8 hours a day. :smile:
  • sc949
    sc949 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do arm workouts. ... like in the old days at the school gym. Sit straight up in your chair - reach your arms out to each side,
    > palms up and pulse
    > rotate open palms from front to back (like rolling a basketball in your hands (minus ball)
    > reach for the sky ..and down
    > reach up (holding something in your hand) and the do tricep rep behind your head.

These are nice since if someone comes into your office...you look like you are just stretching.. and it does wonders for your posture! :-)
  • eliza46142
    eliza46142 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on the third floor of my office building. I pick the staircase which has the best temperature (some have windows, some don't). Then I just go up and down the same one for 15 minutes on my break. Burns crazy good calories, and really strengthens the legs. As it gets easier, I increase my speed.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I close my door and do a workout from YouTube for about 35 minutes. Then I eat my lunch. I usually have plenty of time to do both within the hour.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I keep barbells and workout clothes in my desk. ;)
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have three lateral filing cabinets in my office and I've been doing "push ups" (standing, not literally doing them on them!) They are the perfect height. Sigh. One day I hope to do a regular push up :yawn: