Some people are just so mean . . .

Options
So today I was surfing the internet and I saw this quiz that said, "are you fat?" So just for fun, I type "are you fat quiz" into the google search box and a whole bunch of links came up. Then this woman (who I'm NOT friends with) looks over my shoulder and says, "Oh my gosh, yeah you are!" Then another girl (who I thought was my friend) says, "yeah, totally. You really need to lose some weight." They're both skinnier than me, but I'm like, "whatever." Some people are so insensitive. Sorry - had to get that out. But now I feel soooo depressed and I'm wondering if I'm trying hard enough . . .

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    They're just mad because they must know your a MFPer and they are dreading the day you look better than them. Oh yeah, and they're also some major HATERS!!!!! :wink:
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    That is absurd.
    Why anyone would feel like they had the right to say that to you is hurtful and wrong.
    Be strong and keep going in spite of what they say.
    Show those bi%^@$#!!!
    Sorry. Now I'm pissed.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that today.
    Go de-stress with a good workout!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    -OB
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey, you've lost 13 lbs! That is a great accomplishment! Remember, you are doing this for your health. Keep it up and don't let those haters discourage you!!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ugh ignore them. You're doing this. You've lost weight. Just stick to it and dream of the time you get to walk in, looking way better than them and just smirk at them when they stare in shock.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hunny you are wonderful. Who cares what people say. Just smile and keep it moving. You are loved either way.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey, you've lost 13 lbs! That is a great accomplishment! Remember, you are doing this for your health. Keep it up and don't let those haters discourage you!!

Actually I have 13 pounds to go (til I reach my 1st goal) - I lost 5, but thanks!:happy:
  • Treadly
    Treadly Posts: 17
    Options
    I would of told the one who I wasn't friends with to kiss my *kitten*, that is after you wash your lips! Then the one you thought you were friends with, well I would evaluate who my true friends were.
    At least the person you were not friends with you know what direction there coming from. Then I would keep working toward my goals and kick butt while doing it too!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Ummm.... you have 13 pounds to lose? Which means, probably, that you are already at a healthy weight but want to be skinny like models on tv... which is very unhealthy, by the way...

Anyone who is under 30 pounds overweight is not even remotely fat. Just because girls are mean and like to put each other down to make themselves feel better doesn't mean you have to listen to them. I mean, who listens to what an idiot says to them, right?

Let me tell you, by listening to those girls, you'll end up with an eating disorder. I did. I was told I was fat (I was very muscular, and so weighed more than my peers). So I developed a really unhealthy body image, and instead of going the bulimec/anorexic way (which no one had heard of when I was a teen) I figured what difference did it make, and ate myself up to 300 pounds. Which I'm now having to work very, very hard to get off, and it's slow going. If you listen to idiots, you'll end up being one - like I did. Now that I've "un-idioted" myself, it's a long hard road. Save yourself the trouble - learn it now!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how insensitive people are to people who are overweight. I keep thinking of what my mama taught me and what I've taught my children. Pretty is as pretty does. There are a lot of beautiful overweight people - and a lot of ugly thin people. Keep it up honey.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Ummm.... you have 13 pounds to lose? Which means, probably, that you are already at a healthy weight but want to be skinny like models on tv... which is very unhealthy, by the way...

Anyone who is under 30 pounds overweight is not even remotely fat. Just because girls are mean and like to put each other down to make themselves feel better doesn't mean you have to listen to them. I mean, who listens to what an idiot says to them, right?

Let me tell you, by listening to those girls, you'll end up with an eating disorder. I did. I was told I was fat (I was very muscular, and so weighed more than my peers). So I developed a really unhealthy body image, and instead of going the bulimec/anorexic way (which no one had heard of when I was a teen) I figured what difference did it make, and ate myself up to 300 pounds. Which I'm now having to work very, very hard to get off, and it's slow going. If you listen to idiots, you'll end up being one - like I did. Now that I've "un-idioted" myself, it's a long hard road. Save yourself the trouble - learn it now!

Oh, I wish it was just 13 lbs! Don't worry - I don't have an eating disorder. I am trying to break my weight loss into 4 seperate mini goals. I actually have like 50 pounds to lose:embarassed:
  • melssyl
    melssyl Posts: 66
    Options
    fitgal,

Hold your head High!!

Kill them with kindness :)

You are loosing weight ... just keep up the good work...

The pay-off will be worth it...

Have a Blessed Week!!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think mini goals are a great motivator and I lost 30 pounds that way. 30 pounds was way too intimidating-that was 3 months of hunger pains and exercise for me.:smile: So I broke it up into 10 pound increments and it really helped.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'd put tabasco sauce under the door handles of their cars for that! Heeheeheee :devil: