I've been extremely moody......

klb620
klb620 Posts: 28 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I used to make myself happy with food..........now I'm feeling really depressed about ....well anything and everything. I'm having awful mood swings and really really want some chocolate......guess I'll go eat worms :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Check out your signature and make that your mantra. It's true!
    Your body adjusting to the healthy food you're putting into it is mental as well as physical. You'll feel so much better when you are healthy, I promise!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    You're de-toxing. It will pass. The first few weeks of not having the massive carbs and sugar I used to eat were hard... then it was no big deal after that. It will get better!!!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Booo hooo hooo, I think I'll eat a worm! lol You cracked me up! I have said that to my kids since they were little! lol Although I do hear they are extremely high in protein! Yummmmyyy!

Just a question for you, are you giving yourself any treats? I don't mean food treats although even those once or twice a week, in moderation, is not a bad thing. Have you taken an hour and did something special for yourself? Maybe deep condition your hair and give yourself a manicure? How about letting yourself take a nap! Those are just things in my life that I treasure and almost never get so they are a treat for me!

What would your treats be? A new book? A facial? What will it be??? Find new ways to make yourself happy!
  • merrymusiq
    merrymusiq Posts: 35
    hey girlie... I have been depressed today as well.. and chacolates, icecreams are my stress busters! But guess what - I stayed away from them.. I ate half delicious apple, ate some homemade spicy noodles and had coffee.. I was so full I stopped craving for anything.. Listen to music.. your fav tracks and make sure they are all the peppy ones to boost your mood instantly...
    You have worked so hard so far..11 lbs! whao!!... do not let mood swing bother you.. Just tell yourself - 'this too shall pass'...
    Remember -
    'If you think of mood, you get doomed!'

So, come on!! Josh up cheer up!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Two observations besides the detox. I felt bad when I tried to go too low on my cals and if I wasn't eating enough good carbs to keep my blood sugar up.

Exercise is a mood enhancer. When I'm low I do Shaun T or Leslie Sansone they tend to lift my spirits.:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Drink water!!!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Then go window shopping.
    Go exercise.
    Come here & read the motivational success stories.
    Drink more water.
    :wink:
  • I was really depressed today too! Today was weigh-in and I only lost .4 pounds (not enough to even show on the ticker!)....I thought I would feel better by measuring but NO change this last week. I ALMOST blew it at lunch but my honey/hubby talked me out of it and my best friend/neighbor talked me into joining her for an exercise session. I realized half way through the exercise that I felt GREAT! I took yesterday (Sunday) off my exercise program and I think the endorphin rush from getting back into it knocked sense back into me. I have to remind myself OFTEN that I'm doing this to improve my health and not too meet some magic "number". I hope I remember next time I'm feeling blue to get off my :noway: and get MOVING! :laugh: I also feel better when I read some of the threads in the Message Boards!
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    You know, it's okay to HAVE chocolate. I find that if I eat a tablespoon of semi-sweet chips, that's IT...I don't want any more. it's quite rich, and does the trick. just log it as one of your snacks. dont' have room for the calories? OH WELL. sometimes, we just need a little chocolate.
    I also like a pudding with a little redi-whip sprayed on top when I'm craving. 120 cals tops. AND my favorite is sliced up fruit...lots of bananas, a little chocolate syrup, and some redi-whip. THAT is fanatastic on those days where dessert is a must! WE ALL have those days.

Cindy
This discussion has been closed.