Hi all

Options
casperuk
casperuk Posts: 195 Member
Hi there, I have been using this now for a month. I started off at over 23 stone and as of today have lost 19lbs (In 34 days). I have also lost an inch off my chest, hips and waist. It works so well I have converted a few others to it. Its such a simple thing, a diary of what you eat and a limit. The thing is I havent really felt hungry. I have made choices where I could get a quick rush by having a chocolate bar and some crisps (chips) or have a meal for the same calories. Wheras before I would have had the former and then a meal after, now I think about everything that goes in to my body and it becomes almost a game to keep under the limit.

I have made heinous errors of judgement and had days where I have gone over my limit by a ridiculous degree but overall I manage to keep under it easily. I have saved money that would otherwise have gone on take away's or eating out and feel much better physicaly. I cant recommend this enough and its now on my computer, ipod, phone and work phone as the bar code scanner is amazing.

Anyway, I didnt intend to write a sermon, especially to an already converted congregation. I just wanted to say Hi and maybe encourage people who have just started today to stick at it, it works and you will feel better.

I am still 101lbs overweight but that number doesnt seem so insurmountable now. I know in 12 months I am going to be half the man I was.

Cheers

Mike

Replies

• debsl8
    debsl8 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi mike, what a fantastic start you have made. We all have good days, we all have bad, but the most important thing to remember is why we are doing this. I would like to wish you the best of luck in your journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will do all I can to help you reach your goals. Welcome to MFP :drinker:
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are off to a fabulous start!!! Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks, will add you both :)