Addicted to Carbs...with PCOS!

Options
i am carb CRAZY.
if they are not around me, [in my house they most definitely aren't], i seem to be fine.
but when i leave my house they are ALL around me and if i am with friends, it's hard to control myself.

i have learned self-control before, once when i was first diagnosed with PCOS,
and i lost 30 pounds in that summer. since then, i have grown quite a few inches,
but i have also gained about 20 pounds of it back. at my heaviest i was 202 pounds.
now, at my heaviest since then, i am 192. i NEED to lose this weight for this coming school year.

Please help me get my body and mind away from carbohydrates?
they are the last thing i need!
i just can't seem to do it, and i'm about ready to give up.

Just joined a few days ago, i feel like this site could really help me stop overeating.

Replies

• jude716
    jude716 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was addicted to carbs in a big way. The only thing that helped was for me to go on the Atkins diet. It took a while, but I now can control my cravings for carbs - before it just wasn't possible! Sugar free chocolate candy helps me through the tough times. Good luck.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    A good motivator for me is to realize the more I gain the more weight I have to lose and it's more work in the long run. So I set myself a weight that I can't go over. I also don't have foods that I forbid myself to eat and then I don't feel deprived. However, there are some foods that I consider trigger foods that I have to completely avoid or I binge and gorge myself on them. Chips and cookies- I can literally eat the whole bag- so I never allow myself just one because I can't stop at just one! Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • xsierrathekillaa
    Options
    that's a really great idea.
    thank you so much!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to carbs in a big way. The only thing that helped was for me to go on the Atkins diet. It took a while, but I now can control my cravings for carbs - before it just wasn't possible! Sugar free chocolate candy helps me through the tough times. Good luck.

Yes, The Atkins Nutritional Approach will release that demon of carb addiction.

You take out all the carbs and then slowly add them back in...........noting if a certain food gives you cravings, that is is likely that you are really allergic to that particular food.

I am slowly climbing the carb ladder and now adding in some legumes and lentils. So far, so good.