What keeps you motivated?

Options
124»

Replies

• monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    When I have a bad a few days and fall off the wagon, I think to myself. It could be worse, you could be starting at 250+ pounds again... get over yourself and get back on track. It took a lot of hard work to get to this point and stay here but its worth it to finally be at a healthy BMI in a few more pounds. I dont want my little girl to grow up around a mommy with food issues.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Loving the body I'm in, and appreciating it for all that it can do. I want to be able to go run a half-marathon in the morning, sling hay bales in the afternoon, and chase my daughter around the pasture at night. I can't do that if I don't treat it right. Getting to do physical things keeps me motivated, because I can be amazed at myself, every time I do anything. I'm addicted to that sense of awe.
  • athenawalker
    Options
    I'm in a slump too - But what keeps me going is to remember ANY progress I made thus far is progress. And going back to your "old ways" aren't going to make anything better but worse!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I just kind of AM motivated....more determined, I guess. I do still get really excited by thinking "Oh, where will I be in 6 months??" So maybe just think that. Where could you be 6 months from now? If you stick to it, you'll be down some weight...maybe even a few sizes! If you don't keep at it, where will you be in 6 months?
  • Patpourri
    Options
    Just proving people wrong in general. The look on their faces when they see you fabulous in month's time >:D

Exercising eases up my depressive episodes too, which is also such a motivating factor for me.
    All in all, I do just feel that this is one of life's process of bringing out the best in me.
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    i love the feeling i get after i excersise...im calmer so i long for that feeling every day
  • SweetOzarksGirl
    Options
    A flat tummy. Wearing a bikini. The love of eating healthy food compared to crap.

I recommend spending a bunch of time on Tumblr looking and reading all the Fitspo and Thinspo (Fitspiration / Thinspiration) blogs there. It makes such a huge difference when you wake up the next day on your approach to things.

You could also start one of your own to constantly stay in touch with the process or do something similar to what I did which is Heart the pics / quotes on WeHeartIt.

Good Luck to You and Everyone!

I'm just back here myself after putting on a few pounds and never actually reaching my totally ideal number. After losing 76 lbs, I have no fear that I will get my flat tummy and find that perfect number for me!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Once I started seeing a few small results,.........I got more motivated to do this. Now pulling my favorite jeans that havnt been able to wear in two years and........being able to now get them buttoned........thats my motivations.
  • SweetOzarksGirl
    Options
    How I feel when I am NOT working out/eating cleanly is my biggest motivation. I crave that sharp minded and energetic feeling I get from living healthy.

That is SO TRUE!