Does Anyone do their at home workouts outside??

Options
Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone does their at home workouts outside? p90x, insanity, any video program or other workouts. I would love to do it outside in my backyard but don't know if i would look like a fool or if it's too hard... PLEASE let me know if you like it.

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do some of my workouts outdoors as well... BUT I live in a trailer park, and don't want to be that crazy person everyone talks about, lol
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well aside from running outside instead of on my treadmill, I have done walking lunges and sprints from mailbox to mailbox. I have done pushups and high knees in my driveway and I have done suicide runs alternating with jump squats from mailbox to mailbox going up and down my street. I only do these though, if I just finished a run outside and Im not ready to go back in OR if I dont want to finish my workout in the basement, I stay outside.

I have also have worked out at the park and brought my resistance band and did intervals of running and strength work using my band and a bench! I honestly, dont worry if I look like a fool because I feel if anyone IS looking at me, they are admiring the fact that I am working my butt off, and who knows, maybe they will get some ideas off of me and use it for THEIR own workout!
  • Zadranka18
    Zadranka18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well aside from running outside instead of on my treadmill, I have done walking lunges and sprints from mailbox to mailbox. I have done pushups and high knees in my driveway and I have done suicide runs alternating with jump squats from mailbox to mailbox going up and down my street. I only do these though, if I just finished a run outside and Im not ready to go back in OR if I dont want to finish my workout in the basement, I stay outside.

I have also have worked out at the park and brought my resistance band and did intervals of running and strength work using my band and a bench! I honestly, dont worry if I look like a fool because I feel if anyone IS looking at me, they are admiring the fact that I am working my butt off, and who knows, maybe they will get some ideas off of me and use it for THEIR own workout!

That is such a good way of looking at it ... :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The only non-running/walking exercises I do outside is jump rope or sometimes hula hoop if the grandkids are over.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I do some stuff outisde when the weather is nice.

tire flips, overhead pressing, sled drags, etc. They're much easier to do in the back yard.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I love to do my workouts outside over in the house. I'm coped up all day in a office when would I want to be indoors, I don't think I would be able to stick with it.

I like to go to the park for my workout, take my dumbbells, bands and a mat. I find a nice area not too far from a bench and then start with a bootcamp style workout. I love it and I just think every one is wishing they had the energy to do my workout.
  • Zadranka18
    Zadranka18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's nice to know you are not the only one that does not want to be stuck inside (in my case in my basement) working out... i would much rather take my laptop outside and do the workouts in my backyard or jump rope outside something....:) I must give it a try especially with the weather gettign so nice
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I don't like seeing peiople show off in public.