Trouble reaching protein goal each day.

Options
2»

Replies

• CharityEaton
    Options
    eat greek yogurt.......try some tuna for lunch instead of the boiled egg. one 5 oz can of tuna is only 125 cals but about 25g of protein.........much better then that boiled egg!
    Also, do the shakes if you have to! It's not gonna matter.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well it's not going to hurt you! :smile:

Other good sources of protein : greek yogurt (watch your brands though, most are packed with sugar, I like Fage plain 2%), cottage cheese, cheese in general, eggs, lean meats, protein packed cereal (like Kashi Go Lean original or Special K protein plush), milk, some nuts (watch the fats though!).
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I usually mix one scoop of my protein powder with 8oz fat free milk, one tbsp of peanut butter, and a banana, pretty high in calories by the end but yummy and helps with my sweet tooth.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    one suggestion is replace peanutbutter with plain fat free greek yogurt.

Why would you say this???? lol
    by all means add greek yogurt or cottage cheese - but don't replace peanutbutter :(
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Currently, I'm doing fruit + Greek Yogurt + protein powder + almond milk. Will likely replace almond milk with skim milk the next time around, for even more protein. With my protein powder (only 18 g. protein/scoop), that adds up to 30 grams of protein. I have trouble hitting my protein targets on a mostly vegetarian diet.
  • claybornfletcher
    claybornfletcher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go berserk on some egg beaters. If you get creative, you can incorporate them into all kinds of new recipes etc. I make egg white pancakes (egg beaters - pure eggwhites, the yellow kind mixes perfectly for pancakes- blended w/ some cinnamon, then thrown on an electric skillet). Walden Farms Calorie-Free condiments are perfect on these. I eat 1 1/2 cup of these at breakfast w/ my oats and strawberries. Then, in the afternoon, I eat 2 1/2 cups worth of these egg whites in the form of pancakes, with my Walden Farms condiments of course. In addition, I eat an ungodly amount of chicken tenderloin. I just hate the idea of drinking my calories in any way shape or form. Plus, whey protein kills my stomach.