frustrating weight gain with insanity

Options
13»

Replies

• kelseyljones
    kelseyljones Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is happening to me! I'm up about 2-3 pounds, and I was only drinking water before/after the workout. So now I am drinking at least 8 glasses a day throughout the day. I KNOW I am stronger because I can get through the workouts easier.

I'm on day 24 today, so I took some pics wearing the same outfit and used the PicStitch app on my phone to compare my pics when I started to now because I was losing hope. But there is a difference! It helps to look at photos. Even look at one before and then take one and look at the to compare (photos are more truthful than what you see in the mirror).

I am trying so hard not to focus on the scale. I'm just glad others are experiencing the same. I went from exercising 4-5 times per week (Turbofire, Zumba, elliptical mix) to Insanity so no wonder my body is shocked.

The hardest thing is eating. I am so much more hungry because of Insanity so I've been trying to eat healthy foods (protein smoothies, salads, etc) instead of junk.
  • hannah3110
    Options
    I just got the program so I haven't done it yet but muscle weighs more than fat so don't look at the scale look at the mirror and if you like the changes you see then keep up with what your doing.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm in week three of month two of Insanity and I have been consistently fluctuating between 138-140 for awhile now, upwards on 140-143 after a day of high sodium, certain days of the month, water retention from muscle soreness, etc. However, I have lost several inches all over my body and when I compare my "before" pics to my progress pics at the beginning of month two, there's a noticeable difference, particularly around my stomach and hips and my clothes are getting looser. Remember that our scale weight can fluctuate greatly due to many factors so keeping track of inches and comparing pictures and taking note of how clothes fit can give you a much better idea of your progress. If you haven't taken measurements and pictures, do so now! Stick with the program through month two, then compare :)
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm 5'3" and eat between 1800-2000 calories a day, depending on which workout it was and if I did anything else strenuous that day.