Replies

• scrambuglady
    scrambuglady Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Meant to say exercise lol. Good luck
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Log it. What you do from there is up to you. Eat less. Eat more. Workout. Don't workout. Do whatever you think is best. Just get back on track. Unless you are lean and trying to get very lean, 1 day isn't going to make or break you. I wouldn't even consider that a binge. I've done much more damage than that....
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a bump in the road and move on with your day.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Don't skip a meal and don't beat yourself up about it. We all make mistakes. Just workout a little longer and move on. Take care!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Do not skip a meal!! You binged.. oh well.. it sucks.. we all do it.. the fun thing about being human is we make mistakes... Do you work out? Work out extra hard today.. or if you usually rest today.. work out... run up and down the stairs or go for a long walk/jog/run w.e you do...
    Skippnig a meal is not going to make it better. it will actually make it worse... Think of your body as a car.. you need fuel to go... Maybe just have more veggies then meat with dinner... but keep it balanced you know??

Dont skip meals... It is very important to keep your metabolism going!!

Anything else... add me and ask :) (Im not a pro.. I just read alot :D )

YUP^^^^^
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    OH NOOOOOOO!!! I just binged on a tesco large cheese sub!! its freaking GIGANTIC and i can't believe i ate a whole sub!

What do I do? should i skip dinner, and maybe breakfast tmr? Gahhhh!! I'm really angry with myself! I can't believe after 1 week of hard work I BINGED ON CARBS!
    I don't even know how many calories it is coz the packet doesnt say coz its a fresh bakery product, and MFP doesnt have anything on it too...=(

What do people do when they accidentally have a binge? :sad: :sad:

Workout maybe?

Drink lots of water as well.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a bump in the road and move on with your day.

Exactly what I was going to say. :)

Every time you decide NOT to give up, and to instead let it go and move on, the event becomes NOT A FAILURE, but only a bump in the road to success.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Add some exercise to your regimen for the day but if you are over for a day or so.. Just don't make it a habit. It is an average over time. It is ok. Try not to feel guilty. Guilt will only cause failure for you on the long run. Just get back on it tomorrow. I don't recommend skipping meals BUT you may want to back down in your evening meal. By breakfast, eat normal. As I have said before... What are you eating for? fuel... When is your activity... during the day. SO.... Load heavy on the front end and back off somewhat in the evening... Not that it will help with weight loss as much but it prepares your body for some additional activity.
  • mkshrode
    mkshrode Posts: 1
    Options
    Its ok but do not skip a meal, just eat a lighter meal for dinner and work out. If you eat 95% good all the time one bump will not hurt you.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    OH NOOOOOOO!!! I just binged on a tesco large cheese sub!! its freaking GIGANTIC and i can't believe i ate a whole sub!

What do I do? should i skip dinner, and maybe breakfast tmr? Gahhhh!! I'm really angry with myself! I can't believe after 1 week of hard work I BINGED ON CARBS!
    I don't even know how many calories it is coz the packet doesnt say coz its a fresh bakery product, and MFP doesnt have anything on it too...=(

Trust me. this was no "accident" lol - it was a choice you made and I hope you enjoyed every single bite of it, please stop beating yourself up! WE ALL DO IT. Aim for progress, not perfection :wink:
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Don't skip no meals, just workout. walk drink lots of water... no skipping meals that is not affective at all. And if you have an Iphone or Ipad MFP allows you to scan the bar code if one is available.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym on the elliptical machine and don't come back till you burn at least 600kcal -1000kcal RIGHT NOW !! :laugh: That way you would only have had a 400-500 calorie meal. :tongue: I don't know what kind of sandwich you are refering to to be quite honest, but I know that a large döner kebab contains around 1100 kcal. Yours couldnt contain much more than that... :laugh:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Must be a heck of a lot of people eating their 12 inch subs at subway for their dinner or lunch, having no idea they are actually having a binge, rather than eating a meal to sate their hunger. I honestly do not consider a sub to be a binge. But then, I have had evenings of getting through a kilo of chocolate as well as cookies and cereal, which to me, is a binge.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I've never "accidently' binged. I have "on purpose." I knew what I was doing, knew I shouldn't do it. May have felt like I didn't have any control at the time but that is not true, you always have control over what you put in your mouth. Don't mean to sound harsh but the sooner you realize this the better off you will be and the more likely you are to gain control and meet your goals.

Whatever you do, don't skip meals, it doesn't help.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE GOING TO DIE......abandon all hope, and give up.

:bigsmile: :wink: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You must have been too hungry at the time you binged, that is when I binge if I am ravenous hungry. I have eaten a whole sub instead of just having half. Count it into your daily cals and you will be fine.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Get over it and move on.