starting Alli in a week, any advise or success stories?

Options
:flowerforyou:

found some good $10 off coupons for Alli and thought I'd try, I do not eat a lot of fat in a day, anyone tried it? And success stories or advise?

Replies

• ChaChaMommy
    Options
    Well.....I'm no expert but let me share my experience and my husband's. We started out with the Alli program when we joined MFP last month. Neither of us has experienced any of the nasty "treatment effects", but we a both very careful about keeping our fat levels within the recommended levels. I have not had the same success as my husband :explode: (he's lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks!) I've only lost 4 pounds and have been exercising much more than he! BUT.....I noticed even though the Alli site indicated I would benefit from using Alli, there was a chart on one of the enclosures that indicated at my weight and height, it was not "beneficial". I stopped using the tablets last week and although I've not had a great loss, I know I'm eating healthy and feeling good, and I won't have to worry about going off Alli when I reach my goal:happy: So take it for what its worth, but check out your weight and height on the packaging chart (at 5'2" my starting weight was below the chart as "if orlistat capsules are right for you") Its definitely working for my husband!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my husband and i started our weight loss journey with alli 7 months ago. it was daunting making sure we were eating the right amount of fat at every meal, but we did it for a while with no side effects. we both stopped after a month or so, because we didn't feel like it was making much of a difference in our weight loss and came with too many risks. we have been eating right and excercising without it for the past 6 months and he's lost 105 lbs and i've lost 42. it is possible to lose weight while using it (as it is with every other diet product that's out there) but i really feel like the best way to do it and keep the weight off is to change your eating and excercise habits and really stick to it and make it your lifestyle. good luck!
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    don't do it! If you have blood pressure/cholesterol issues Alli can be very bad for you. My doctor says it has given people heart damage. Do some research before you try it, please.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I started almost a week ago nothing like these horror stories ppl be sayin everyone body is different
  • ambie1098
    ambie1098 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks! I did try it for one day, I took one pill, and my stomach just did not feel right, so that's it! I'm not doing it!