Food Documentaries?

Options
bearxfoo
bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
Does anybody watch a lot of food documentaries? I'm a documentary fiend. I have a thirst for knowledge and I love love love documentaries.

Does anybody else watch them? What do you think of them?

So far I've watched: "Food, Inc", "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", "Forks Over Knives" and right now I'm watching "Food Matters".

Replies

• famousa88
    famousa88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE documentaries! Especially food documentries. Netflix, I found, has the best selection.
  • robisonfire
    Options
    Fathead, its on netflix too.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Love them! I just got Netflix, so I guess I'll be checking out the ones mentioned. :smile:
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I've watched all of those except food matters. I've also watched Fathead & Supersize me.

They are enjoyable and I always feel like I'm learning something...however I also feel like I'm getting even more confused since most of them claim different things and have "proof" to back it up.

So mostly I take them with a grain of salt...delicious...delicious salt.
  • dhoffman5
    dhoffman5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fat Head rocks...I watch them all too:) I rank Fat Head at # 1...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've watched all of those except food matters. I've also watched Fathead & Supersize me.

They are enjoyable and I always feel like I'm learning something...however I also feel like I'm getting even more confused since most of them claim different things and have "proof" to back it up.

I think they are all correct in context of what they are saying.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

I think they are all correct in context of what they are saying.

You'll have to excuse me if I confuse which titles correlate with which information since I watched them all in a span of a couple of days but...

Fathead - Eat sh!tty food and you'll still lose weight and your cholesterol won't be awful as long as you stay under your calories.
    Supersize Me - Eat sh!tty food and you'll gain weight and your cholesterol will be awful regardless of staying under calories.
    Forks Over Knives - Eat vegetables and not meat.
    Food Inc - Eat meat but not processed food.
    Fat Sick & Nearly Dead - Drink your food.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I like them, but I don't see them as documentaries. They all seem to have an agenda. I tend to watch one then google the opposing view.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Food matters, food inc, Forks over knives! Fat sick and nearly dead, earthlings, dive, I love watching them.
  • dhoffman5
    dhoffman5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Want a really good one?Try "Bitter Harvest" (Ron Howard)...True story :(
  • northfresh
    northfresh Posts: 111
    Options
    Food matters, food inc, Forks over knives! Fat sick and nearly dead, earthlings, dive, I love watching them.

Omg, earthlings only if you want to cry your eyes out and be depressed for a week. I'm not naive to the ways of the world, especially thanks to my years of veganism, but holy carp, the images and scenes in that movie were not worth watching. If you can absorb information about cruelty through reading and don't need shock value, avoid this.