30day shred info needed

Options
So I found a 32 minute You tube video for 30 day shred level one while trying to google whether or not amazon instant vids were compatible with wii (theyre not).

My question is- Would I do the same video everyday, Is that what the actual program is? And then when do you move to the next level?

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You do level one for 10 days in a row then move to level two, then three.
    If you like level one after trying it, you can get the dvd pretty cheap online or at walmart.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I found level 1 online pretty quickly, haven't tried looking for the other levels. Yes that is the program. They want you to do each one for 10 days but some people move on quicker or slower. Go at your pace.
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help ladies I am going to try it on there (if it's still there today) and prob end up buying it.

One more question- Does it recommend rest days between levels or no?
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options

I've been doing mine via Youtube (now on Day 5). I will not be taking a break in-between.
    10 days Level 1
    10 days Level 2
    10 days Level 3

30 days straight :drinker:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BEWARE... days 1, 2 and 3 are tough!! Expect some aches and pains!!

good luck with your shred!
  • Melaniec78
    Options
    Thanks ladies I am starting tomorrow.
    Friday is usually a short walk and rent a movie kind of night.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I've been doing mine via Youtube (now on Day 5). I will not be taking a break in-between.
    10 days Level 1
    10 days Level 2
    10 days Level 3

30 days straight :drinker:

Honestly...Jillian did a podcast where she recommends NOT doing it for 10 day straight. SHE recommends doing:

2 days 30 DS
    1 day cardio
    2 days 30 DS
    1 day cardio
    1 rest day

Then repeat. But...there are people who do it 30 days straight. You should listen to your body and go from there.
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    I did it for 8 days in a row and not sure why I ever stopped. It is a nice workout for only 20 minutes. I started it again yesterday and am VERY sore today. The lunges killed my flabby thighs. It is a good burn. I want to complete the entire 30 days to not only prove I can do it, but get stronger. Good luck to you!!
  • micwik
    micwik Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did you all find that the workout actually works? I bought the dvd at Wal-Mart for about $5.00 and I haven't tried it yet but am thinking of doing so tomorrow.
  • AdiposeRapture
    Options
    I didnt know it was on Youtube, thats awesome, thank you!!
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    I found it on youtube by accident, today was day 3 for me but I went ahead and bought it at Walmart for $10. Only because I counldn't find level 2.
  • Melaniec78
    Options
    I ultimately want to do Insanity but with the price tag and my fitness level (or lack of) I think I should try the shred first.

And doing cardio days in between does make sense alot of people have said theyr main complaint is they lost inches but not lbs (which is ok) but I still have a ways to go with the lbs. I think I would do at least 2 cardio days a week. Plus I would think doing that you don't need a rest day because you are essentially resting from building muscle and doing cardio instead.