Reached My Goal!!

Options
The goal was to lose 12 pounds and about 3.5% body fat by June 1. I actually did it by May 1, and it was 15 pounds and over 5% body fat. Best part is I've been able to maintain most of the loss over the past month. I know it doesn't seem like much, but there are people who notice the difference and I really do. What is most shocking are the people who notice, it is not the people I'm around all the time it is friends I don't see on a consistent basis that notice more.

My secret was to find what worked and felt good to me. So my nutrition focus was: reduced my calorie count by 500(thanks to myfitnesspal for helping make that easy to track), 3 servings fruits, 3 servings veggies and 3 servings dairy a day. For exercise what really made the biggest difference following the P90X workouts. I didn't follow it religiously, but close enough that I feel it was the biggest difference maker in my toning up/weight loss. Now that my 90 days are done, I'm again taking a few ideas and finding what feels right for me. I'm now training for a 5 k race and a couple straight days of long 60 plus mile bike rides. So to keep up my cardio for those events I'm alternating the P90X weight lifting with those cardio items.

As I said I've been able to maintain the 12 pound loss, despite having not been as dedicated to what I was eatting and getting out to exercise. I have been very active doing other things so I know that helps replace the exercise, but I've been back to my old habits of not eating well. I think I've increased my metabolism closer to what it was when I was younger and could eat and drink what ever with little regard to gaining weight. I have noticed that I've gotten softer is spots again and it is motivating me to get back on track to eat and exercise right. Another big motivator to get back to living better again is how much more energy I felt I had when I was consistently eating healthy and exercising. I miss that energy.

I think my actual goal I reached was to start living a healthier life and to keep finding the motivation to live that way. I hope you all never lose that one thing that motivates you to keep working towards your goal.

Replies

• redsloo
    redsloo Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your success with us!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!:flowerforyou: P90X is the secret!!!!:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!