Thinking of Starting to Eat Clean

Options
2»

Replies

• betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks for the Mark Bittman book recommendation. I've placed a hold request on it at my library. I'm #8 in the waiting list.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    You can have cheese and yogurt and be eating clean..............

To eat clean, shop the outer perimeter of the grocery store. You will have to prep food, cook and plan ahead............

To me, it is so worth it because you will feel GREAT!!
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump for later reading....
  • gapeaches
    gapeaches Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Nancy here. :happy: What is the anti-flamitory diet? I have RA
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy here. :happy: What is the anti-flamitory diet? I have RA

There are several out there. The one I have is by Jessica Black. Its based on the Raw food diet or a more strict version of clean diet.
    Dairy is found to have properties that cause your body to produce mucus which is normal but with some we produce too much and causes the immune system to go awire. The books can explain it better then i can of course. You basically cut out gluten, dairy, caffeine, processed foods and simple sugars, alcohol.
    I take Enbrel and its stopped working so they put me on Remicade which is horroble money wise and time wise so I had to stop and go back to Enbrel. I talked with an older patient who has severe RA and she was able to come off Remicade and do methatrexate only b/c she follows the Jessica Black anti inflammatory diet. I just started and am working out the kinks so since I am not 100% I cant claim anything right now