Gained 4 pounds over the past 2 months, confused!

Options
Hi guys. So...I'm pretty frustrated right now. I started Turbo Fire about 8 weeks ago after I was weighed by my doctor and told I was 192 pounds. So, I was exercising on the schedule, I stopped drinking sodas, I made an earnest effort to watch what I was eating and log it into Sparkpeople and I came in under 1900 almost everyday. A few weeks ago I started asking some people around me if I looked smaller, and they said yes. So I'm not sure what happened when last night I weighed myself at a friends house and I've gone up four pounds! I had a couple off days where I overate a little, but not week long binges. During finals week, I admit, I missed a few workouts, but four pounds?! Really? What am I doing wrong? I feel like I'll never lose weight. I know what to do in perfect theory, but it's not translating to real life apparently. I feel like giving up.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You weighed on two different scales at two different times, probably wearing completely different outfits and having different amounts of food/waste in your system. Weight can fluctuate quite a bit during the day for many reasons so it's best to use the same scale every time and about the same time of day wearing the same type of clothes (or nothing).

For instance, I weighed 176 Monday morning but was up to 184 after eating dinner the other night. That's almost a 10 pound fluctuation of food, clothes, waste and water.

If I was you, I'd either go back to my doc's office and ask them to use their scale again or buy yourself a scale to have at home. Then you can have some peace of mind.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You weighed on two different scales at two different times, probably wearing completely different outfits and having different amounts of food/waste in your system. Weight can fluctuate quite a bit during the day for many reasons so it's best to use the same scale every time and about the same time of day wearing the same type of clothes (or nothing).

For instance, I weighed 176 Monday morning but was up to 184 after eating dinner the other night. That's almost a 10 pound fluctuation of food, clothes, waste and water.

If I was you, I'd either go back to my doc's office and ask them to use their scale again or buy yourself a scale to have at home. Then you can have some peace of mind.
    Thank you :) Yesterday is my 'splurge day' because we all go to my friend's house for dinner and movies, and I had a hearty dinner after weighing myself. I didn't even think about that...I know the scale isn't everything, but it's still discouraging to see that big number still.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes.

When's your next doctor appointment? Weigh yourself then and in the meantime track yourself by measuring your belly etc. Do your clothes feel looser?
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have to make one soon, so probably within the next month. And they do, I've lost about 2 inches off my waist and I'm wearing a smaller pant size comfortably now.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have to make one soon, so probably within the next month. And they do, I've lost about 2 inches off my waist and I'm wearing a smaller pant size comfortably now.

This is really what you should pay attention to. Scales are evil :)