Kinda Getting There - 30 Day Progress

2»

Replies

• staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 778 Member
    Will you be my Ab Partner???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I can see the difference in your pecs as well as in your abs. Done in thirty day?! Amazing.
    I look forward to seeing the next photos as well.

Are there any more details you can share about your workouts? I expect it is easier when you're younger, but please don't downplay what you've accomplished, because it truly is amazing, especially within the relatively short time you've been working at it.

I do strength training 3 days a week. And, I run 4 days a week.

For strength training, I just simply do the P90X upper body workouts. I do not do the yoga, cardio, stretching, kenpo, and anything else. Just the upper body stuff. That's it. No secret. I do the workouts in the exact order, except way more often.

For running, I am training for a half-marathon coming up. So, I run 10 miles tomorrow. First time for that. So, we'll see if I break a hip or something. LOL.

Anyway, it's not magic, it's just pure determination. One thing is my intensity in this past month has really picked up. I don't know why exactly, but my workouts are very intense and I constantly beat records on the amount of weight and reps with almost every workout. I write everything I do down so I can compare and keep a running total of the progress for each workout and almost everyweek, I have been exceeding either weight or reps on almost every exercise.

I am also learning about how my body uses up energy. And, I find that I am way better off if I try to eat larger meals earlier and lighter meals later, rather than the other way around, which is more normal for most people.

I don't know. It's just hard work. The hardest part is mental. Sometimes, I doubt myself, and that's when I go get some ice cream or something.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 909 Member
    I can see the difference in your pecs as well as in your abs. Done in thirty day?! Amazing.
    I look forward to seeing the next photos as well.

Are there any more details you can share about your workouts? I expect it is easier when you're younger, but please don't downplay what you've accomplished, because it truly is amazing, especially within the relatively short time you've been working at it.

I do strength training 3 days a week. And, I run 4 days a week.

For strength training, I just simply do the P90X upper body workouts. I do not do the yoga, cardio, stretching, kenpo, and anything else. Just the upper body stuff. That's it. No secret. I do the workouts in the exact order, except way more often.

For running, I am training for a half-marathon coming up. So, I run 10 miles tomorrow. First time for that. So, we'll see if I break a hip or something. LOL.

Anyway, it's not magic, it's just pure determination. One thing is my intensity in this past month has really picked up. I don't know why exactly, but my workouts are very intense and I constantly beat records on the amount of weight and reps with almost every workout. I write everything I do down so I can compare and keep a running total of the progress for each workout and almost everyweek, I have been exceeding either weight or reps on almost every exercise.

I am also learning about how my body uses up energy. And, I find that I am way better off if I try to eat larger meals earlier and lighter meals later, rather than the other way around, which is more normal for most people.

I don't know. It's just hard work. The hardest part is mental. Sometimes, I doubt myself, and that's when I go get some ice cream or something.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO say it isn't so, that yoga dvd is the best! i love it! =) i only do that dvd out of this set hahha
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    awesome progress in just a month! Nice abs!

Every time you feel like you're binging, maybe check out these two pics side by side...remind yourself of all the hard work you've put in?

:flowerforyou:
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 232 Member
    you got that much definition in just 30 days? damn! nice work!
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Dude, you are doing awesome.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Wow! you look great!
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    You're looking quite abilicious... Good job!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    The difference is crazy...What changed for you....How did you get those Abs to form....Whatever you did....DID THAT!
  • :love: :love: :love: :laugh: You look wonderful! and being 47 isn't so bad! lol!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've been 47 for 4 months....I kinda like it! :laugh: keep up the awesome work!!!!
  • amanday88
    amanday88 Posts: 68
    Great results! A small binge def did not harm your progress don't let it get you down! binge's are part of life :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Thanks everyone. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    I am very impressed. I think that is a huge difference in 30 days. Congratulations on your hard work and determination!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!