OMG 100 POUNDS HERE I AM!! (and other news)

Options
Background knowledge: :laugh:
-I wasn't aware that we still had a membership to the gym. I knew we had a one year contract, and I thought it ended after that, so I stopped going. But NO, we had been paying for a whole month without anyone using it, because I thought the membership had stopped. (I'm usually the only one in my family who goes). I was scared to go, thinking I'd swipe my card and they'd be like "Uh, you aren't in our system." Wow, wouldn't that be embarrassing!
So now I finally have something to do besides biking and walking/jogging. Woohoo! Plus, it's summer, so I could spend the WHOLE DAY at the gym if I wanted. =D

ANYWAY,

So, I weighed myself at the gym today (which has the most accurate scale I've seen so far) and I HIT 198!
I'm under 200 lbs, I'm under 200 lbs! YAYYYY! Never will I go back there again.

In other news, I did something I never thought I would do.
I was walking around the track, and had just started running, when another (young) guy came up to me, apparently starting his warm-up jog. I kept going, and soon we started talking. Well, we ended up chatting for almost 20 minutes- in which the WHOLE TIME I WAS RUNNING. I ended up running two miles, when he said "I normally start training here (he's training for a half-marathon). Two miles is good enough of a warm-up, you think?" And I was like, "WHAT? TWO MILES?" And he was like "Yeah, twenty laps on this track is two miles... I think." So he asked an attendant and sure enough, it was two miles. WOW. I used to barely finish a mile- now I ran two in 23 minutes. YAY ME. :happy:

And other other news- I went on the elliptical, did that for 20 minutes, and decided I was good for tonight.

And other other other news- my dad's been having back problems for the last month, and finally got an MRI last week. Well, turns out he has two bulging disks (spelling? and it's his 5th and 6th, I think). He needs to attend physical therapy, and lose some serious weight. HA. I'm happy about this. Not the back problems, but the weight loss. My mom and I told him, but he never listened. Well, with the back pain, he's gotten serious. He promised he's going to lose weight.

Awesome.

So today was a pretty freakin' amazing day. Plus, I had NO, NONE, ZILCH, NADA homework for summer school.
Ahh, if only everyday were like today.

Alright, andddd, shower and bed. :happy:

Replies

• brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Keep it up and you'll be the one training for a marathon.
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    SWEET! So glad you still have the membership. Nice job on the 2 miles! Keep that up and you will shed those lbs in no time. Did you see if the guy was going running again? Motivation...:wink:

Glad your dad found his motivation too. Now you have even more support at home. :drinker:

I'm proud of your loss. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    wahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work missy!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! :flowerforyou: Congratulations and keep it up!
  • merrymusiq
    merrymusiq Posts: 35
    Options
    Good work!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've worked hard at this and it's really paying off for you!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :-) I'm really envious!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    WooHoo!!!:drinker: Sweet! Yes - getting out of the 200's is serious excitement - - I can truly relate to that! Keep up the good work and get yourself back to that track!! :happy:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Yay for you!!!!!!

Now, get your dad motivated, too! He'll probably need your help and encouragement. I hope all goes well with him. :flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is an awesome accomplishment!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats on the weight loss and 2 miles? totally envious over here :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And just a week ago, or so, wasn't it, you had a bad experience? And now look how far you've come!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!

Sounds like you are having a gREAT week. I hope it ust keeps getting better for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!